Advice Request Which threats are not prevented by Voodooshield ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
There are probably hidden motives, but they are not destructive. ....:giggle:

Yes, but they are corrosive to a community, even an online community. MT has the member numbers but this is not all. If mods don't wish to enforce rules of conduct, then some members will take action within the rules. I see the bullying and all the rest of it. So maybe his motives are not destructive, but this is of little consequence when his action are. These occurrences are also part of MT's reputation. MT needs to decide what kind of forum they want. If all they care about is the number of clicks, so be it. If they want a few bullies, even knowledgeable and experienced ones, running the forum - so be it. I've been here less than a year and I for one will not take it anymore.

About Dan: Sure there is much I am not aware of. Who is perfect among us? But why carry on with this BS since he left - how long ago? These things are happening here even with his absence. What's the point? Are we all supposed to be using AppGuard and shut our mouths?

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

About Dan: Sure there is much I am not aware of. Who is perfect among us? But why carry on with this BS since he left - how long ago? These things are happening here even with his absence. What's the point? Are we all supposed to be using AppGuard and shut our mouths?

This^^

I haven't been here long enough to see what transpired between Dan and some members here/else where, but IMHO whatever did happen should remain between Dan and those members, the community as a whole shouldn't be dragged into the matter, especially if he's not here to share his thoughts. At the end of the day, VS is a decent piece of software, is it perfect? no, but then again no product is.

I haven't read the whole thread, but from a quick glance, he has every right to ask those questions if they are questions he wants answers to, however, it was very evident that no one here would be able to answer any of those questions. The only person who would be able to is Dan and he should have just went to Dan directly in the first place before dragging the whole MT community into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

Yep. I've taken this on directly. And apparently, I was put in MT detention for it. Some 'experts' are corrosive by the very nature of how they post.... virtually every post insults the intellect or habits of others here at MT. Yeah, it's an affront to read the same insults over and over and over... but somehow that is apparently ok.

D

Deleted member 178

Eddie should have posted his questions directly on COU or via mail, but i can understand he posted here, he probably felt more comfortable.

I don't see why Appguard is dragged again on a VS topic, they are two different kind of product (one is SRP, the other an anti-exe) with 2 different markets (one targets corporations, the other home users).

Also, Dan should be aware than VS is not the only anti-exe in the scene and stop taking any comments about them as anti-VS.
Some time ago, i said on a specific malware/exploit thread that classic anti-exe probably won't preventing it.
Guess what? Dan immediately took my comment as a VS attack then insulted me on COU..
If you find it normal, I better retire in a remote island...

VS or Appguard or whatever are not omnipotent softs, they can't stop everything. They have a scope, they have limits, and their dev must admit it and even clarify if some users exaggerate.

when someone praise wrongly Appguard, i intervene so the erroneous info doesn't spread. For example, someone said Appguard and HMPA has memory protection (the way it was said seems to put them on equal level) , i immediately intervened to clarify the comment.

Users have opinions, i have opinions based on my current knowledge, if i say product A is better than product B, I have the right to say it 100 times without being attacked or insulted by the dev of product B. We have the right to praise or criticize on what we want, we are free to express our opinion. We don't need to show proofs.

Also, We don't need to be a coder to understand how things works in security, like auto mechanics don't need to be car engineers to know how a car functions.

If someone think I'm wrong, please tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.