Battle Which to buy - Cylance or KIS 2017?

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

When I look at the price for 1 device both are $60.

I'm thinking of going signature-less since I already have HMPA, AppGuard, WinAntiRansom and VS (free). Maybe can add SBIE later...and...with a paid VPN

So which to buy?

Thanks

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
I just have a clean system so is considering both approaches....preferably signature-less. Can Unchecky remove Comodo's geek buddy? I tried that the last time but it won't...careless of me then

Why would you use another sw to remove Comodo Geekbuddy? Just uncheck the box under "Customize installation" during installation and Geekbuddy will not be installed in the first place!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
KIS 2017 ! Cylance is definitely not a choice I would even consider when purchasing a program.
Looking at your security config I am not sure why you are considering purchasing anything especially Cylance.
Maybe a better option might be to streamline your config.
For the sake of the poll KIS 2017 better on every level.

Harlequin

Level 1
Verified
Jul 22, 2016
IMO, way too expensive, $60 a year? There are cheaper alternatives... I also think Cylance should be tested by AV Comparatives and other independent organizations to have some ideas about its effectiveness, otherwise it will end up like Webroot and Dr Web which I would never use without some proper third party testing... I could not vote.

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Hi

When I look at the price for 1 device both are $60.

I'm thinking of going signature-less since I already have HMPA, AppGuard, WinAntiRansom and VS (free). Maybe can add SBIE later...and...with a paid VPN

So which to buy?

Thanks

Am I the only person on here who believes in fast, simple security utilizing one well tweaked AV solution instead of layering multiple products on top of each other?

Thanks for the question, but me personally... I would go with Kaspersky. Ditch the rest and enable TAM mode. I'm sure you could tweak or add something else, but overall...my goal is to have light strong security, a patched Windows 10 OS, and small extra apps to layer my defense such as adblockers, up-to-date browser such as Chrome, virus total uploader, and safe surfing habits.

D

Deleted member 2913

Personally, I dont go for software that requires personal info, credit cards, etc to try their software...Refund too may get time consuming & irritating with such vendors.
I may go & try such software for some reasons like the community here, if they have all the praise for the software, vendor, etc & think its worth.

Honest & straight forward reply between the 2
KIS - Yes
Cylance - No

KIS is one of the few security software with all its modules effective And one of the best proactive protection. Suitable for novices & customization for experts.
On my system Win 10 64 Pro with 6GB RAM, it was light for everything.
If possible always try before buy.

But as per your 1st post, the software you use, I dont think you need any of the mentioned 2, etc...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.