Compare Performance Which VPN is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Compare Apps' started by carsten ibsen, Feb 22, 2017.

1. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    List of products to compare:
    VyPr VPN+EkspressVPN+IPVanish VPN+Surfeasy VPN+Secureline VPN+Windscribe VPN+Hide my ass VPN+Anyone else that you think should be mentioned as a serious contender
    What I am most interested about:
    • Learning curve (Ease of Use)
    • Exclusive Features & Functionality
    Why I want to compare:
    I would like to hear peoples priorities:Security,logging and ease of use(setup)
    I am very interested in VPN tech,not that I am an expert or anything,but i would like to hear from this forums members what you feel comfortable using and what knowlegde you have picked up in the past or present.
    My favourites is Ekspressvpn, Vyprvpn, surfeasyvpn and Windscribevpn

Andrew999, omidomi, Nuno and 4 others like this.
  2. BugCode

BugCode Level 10

Jan 9, 2017
    FireFighter
    Oeno Island
    I have past to present pretty deep testing and reporting to vendor's possible bugs and how it could make possible better. Actually i am pretty full of it now because i have found my "home" with the VPN jungle Vendors. And i'm like retired tester. Just say for you and others it depend's your aim and just look the VPN site's is it possible to make a trial and test yourself and see how it fit for your happits.

3. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    It depends upon what you want to use a VPN for. If it is for online financial transactions then any reputable VPN service will suffice. For privacy and anonymity that is an entirely different matter. You also have to consider server locations, the number of servers available, reliability, speed, server security, the installed client, features you might need like obsproxy, cost, mobile device options, etc.

I am currently using IVPN on Windows PC. It's reliable, speed is good, and meets my basic online encryption needs. I don't use it for privacy\anonymity. It's a relatively expensive service though at $100 per year.

For basic protections against MitM attacks at public wifi, FrootVPN is a cost-effective choice. For an occasional online bank login SecurityKISS free would suffice. If you don't want to go the free route, then JonDoNym using their annual 1.5 GB plan for $14 is a very good option for login to bank account and take a quick look, perhaps download a bank statement, and then logout. 1.5 GB should cover the entire year for that purpose.

If you're hardcore about anonymity and privacy then a VPN alone isn't sufficient. It's a vast topic and requires extensive research of the multitude of options.

4. Arequire

Arequire Level 18

Feb 10, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    #4 Arequire, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    I'm using NordVPN currently and I'm not hugely impressed. It's speed is poor and it has some serious problems keeping a stable connection. Sadly it's the only VPN I've used so far. I plan on switching once my subscription runs out in June but I'm not sure which provider yet. I've been eyeing PureVPN and KeepSolid for a while now.
    I also hear a lot about Windscribe here on MT so I may give that a look-see.

carsten ibsen, Yash Khan and mal1 like this.
  5. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Level 51

Oct 22, 2012
    Windscribe for me

I am using Windscribe Pro, nice & clean GUI, connects/disconnects fast, all the servers work good for me, light on system, etc...

Sunshine-boy and carsten ibsen like this.
  6. antreas

antreas Guest

WIndscribe vpn for me! i have a lifetime account so i don't see me changing to other vpn soon :cool:

carsten ibsen and Yash Khan like this.
  7. Cohen

Cohen Level 7

May 22, 2016
    Australia
    Linux
    ExpressVPN is the best VPN I've ever used and PIA is a very close second.
    Here is a detailed comparison chart to help you in making an informed decision.

8. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    My original favourite was ZenMate for Chrome during it's initial release in 2013, in which I used for about 2 years. Posted, ZenMate for Google Chrome - Secure Browsing

I currently do not use a VPN, although Opera Unlimited VPN remains as an open-option for Android.

_CyberGhosT_ and carsten ibsen like this.
  9. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I have used IpVanish and Ekspress-Vpn for years,but my ipvanish subscription was up for renewal,and i felt for trying something else,so i purchased VyPr-VPN,and i must say i have not been disappointed,and then i have been trying Windscribe-VPN and SurfEasy-VPN for a month first,but now i will purchase them both,they are really good,because the also got browser extensions(Proxy,adblocker and script blocker).
    A thousand Thanks for all your answers:D;)

Yash Khan likes this.
  10. Neil_Hines

Neil_Hines Level 1

Apr 4, 2017
    united kingdom
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    ExpressVPN is the best VPN for your online privacy.

11. Nuno

Nuno Level 2

Feb 26, 2016
    Student
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I've used 3 or 4 different VPN services and my favourite out of them all isn't listed.
    I currently use Private Internet Access to keep me protected and anonymous.
    It has a windows, Android and iOS app and you can change your encryption settings as well as handshake.
    If you're interested to see, here's the options you have as well as all the available servers:
    (Username obviously hidden for security reasons)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

carsten ibsen and frogboy like this.
  12. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    QUOTE:
    Hide my ass VPN+Anyone else that you think should be mentioned as a serious contender
    END
    First off, if you did your homework HMA does not belong and should be avoided like the plague, a minimal amount
    of "homework" and VPN understanding is required to see they should not be taken as a "Serious contender"
    Could not agree more with his statement.
    Research, and more than a little is required where VPN's are concerned, there is no magic shortcut.

13. Paul.R

Paul.R Level 6

May 16, 2013
    Nord VPN, because:

- company based in Panama
    - no 14Eyes
    - no DNS Leak
    - double data encryption
    - no logs
    - p2p allowed
    - up to 6 devices

carsten ibsen, Ana_Filiz and frogboy like this.
  14. Arequire

Arequire Level 18

Feb 10, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Unfortunately NordVPN does suffer from IPv6 leaks. Just be aware of that.

carsten ibsen likes this.
  15. Paul.R

Paul.R Level 6

May 16, 2013
    From what I know this year they will solved that problem.

16. omidomi

omidomi Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 5, 2014
    Fallout New Vegas :D
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    I do't see CG in the list,my top choice is CG :)

17. Ana_Filiz

Ana_Filiz Level 4

Aug 23, 2016
    Romania
    SecurityKiss to me. Till now it has proven to be reliable, fast and secure.

18. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 33
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    NordVPN's speed is slower. It's not getting good reviews over at reddit(search the net) and thatoneprivacysite

That One Privacy Site | NordVPN Review

19. ItsReallyMe

ItsReallyMe Level 2

Dec 21, 2017
    Model
    Los Angeles
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
  20. Andrew999

Andrew999 Level 20

Dec 17, 2014
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    For me I would say OkayFreedom or Windscribe.

frogboy likes this.