Which VPN is your favorite?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I am very interested in VPN tech,not that I am an expert or anything,but i would like to hear from this forums members what you feel comfortable using and what knowlegde you have picked up in the past or present.
My favourites is Ekspressvpn, Vyprvpn, surfeasyvpn and Windscribevpn

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I have past to present pretty deep testing and reporting to vendor's possible bugs and how it could make possible better. Actually i am pretty full of it now because i have found my "home" with the VPN jungle Vendors. And i'm like retired tester. Just say for you and others it depend's your aim and just look the VPN site's is it possible to make a trial and test yourself and see how it fit for your happits.

Thread author
I am very interested in VPN tech,not that I am an expert or anything,but i would like to hear from this forums members what you feel comfortable using and what knowlegde you have picked up in the past or present.
My favourites is Ekspressvpn, Vyprvpn, surfeasyvpn and Windscribevpn

It depends upon what you want to use a VPN for. If it is for online financial transactions then any reputable VPN service will suffice. For privacy and anonymity that is an entirely different matter. You also have to consider server locations, the number of servers available, reliability, speed, server security, the installed client, features you might need like obsproxy, cost, mobile device options, etc.

I am currently using IVPN on Windows PC. It's reliable, speed is good, and meets my basic online encryption needs. I don't use it for privacy\anonymity. It's a relatively expensive service though at $100 per year.

For basic protections against MitM attacks at public wifi, FrootVPN is a cost-effective choice. For an occasional online bank login SecurityKISS free would suffice. If you don't want to go the free route, then JonDoNym using their annual 1.5 GB plan for $14 is a very good option for login to bank account and take a quick look, perhaps download a bank statement, and then logout. 1.5 GB should cover the entire year for that purpose.

If you're hardcore about anonymity and privacy then a VPN alone isn't sufficient. It's a vast topic and requires extensive research of the multitude of options.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'm using NordVPN currently and I'm not hugely impressed. It's speed is poor and it has some serious problems keeping a stable connection. Sadly it's the only VPN I've used so far. I plan on switching once my subscription runs out in June but I'm not sure which provider yet. I've been eyeing PureVPN and KeepSolid for a while now.
I also hear a lot about Windscribe here on MT so I may give that a look-see.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I have used IpVanish and Ekspress-Vpn for years,but my ipvanish subscription was up for renewal,and i felt for trying something else,so i purchased VyPr-VPN,and i must say i have not been disappointed,and then i have been trying Windscribe-VPN and SurfEasy-VPN for a month first,but now i will purchase them both,they are really good,because the also got browser extensions(Proxy,adblocker and script blocker).
A thousand Thanks for all your answers:D;)

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
I've used 3 or 4 different VPN services and my favourite out of them all isn't listed.
I currently use Private Internet Access to keep me protected and anonymous.
It has a windows, Android and iOS app and you can change your encryption settings as well as handshake.
If you're interested to see, here's the options you have as well as all the available servers:
(Username obviously hidden for security reasons)
WGmtBZw.png

MptzrzN.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
QUOTE:
Hide my ass VPN+Anyone else that you think should be mentioned as a serious contender
END
First off, if you did your homework HMA does not belong and should be avoided like the plague, a minimal amount
of "homework" and VPN understanding is required to see they should not be taken as a "Serious contender"
If you're hardcore about anonymity and privacy then a VPN alone isn't sufficient. It's a vast topic and requires extensive research of the multitude of options.
Could not agree more with his statement.
Research, and more than a little is required where VPN's are concerned, there is no magic shortcut.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.