Which VPN is your favorite?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I am very interested in VPN tech,not that I am an expert or anything,but i would like to hear from this forums members what you feel comfortable using and what knowlegde you have picked up in the past or present.
My favourites is Ekspressvpn, Vyprvpn, surfeasyvpn and Windscribevpn

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I am using Windscribe vpn on one pc and Shadeyou vpn alongwith nord vpn on another. All three are great. Nord vpn has many features and is one of the best but it gets disconnected from some servers more times than the other two.

Reactions: Andrew999

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
VPN I have experience using two, F-Secure Freedome VPN, which for me does your service very well, and Avira Phantom VPN (I'm currently using), despite the fact that I hate Avira Connect, Avira's VPN is surprising me in a positive way, good locations and fast connections.

Reactions: Andrew999
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
It's a bit sad that not many VPN providers offer servers in Estonia, Russia, Poland, Belarus. I know that ExpressVPN and NordVPN have some, but too costly for monthly subscribtion. Well, I have Windscribe Pro and it currently have LT, RUS, LAT, but speeds are dramatically reduced, either with OpenVPN or IKEv2 and sometimes servers restart or suddenly drop dead for few secs, I don't know whats up with that, but very annoying. Voting for AirVPN as favourite, haven't let me down in last 2 months and I haven't found any better so far, although I miss above mentioned servers.. still searching around..

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
It's a bit sad that not many VPN providers offer servers in Estonia, Russia, Poland, Belarus. I know that ExpressVPN and NordVPN have some, but too costly for monthly subscribtion. Well, I have Windscribe Pro and it currently have LT, RUS, LAT, but speeds are dramatically reduced, either with OpenVPN or IKEv2 and sometimes servers restart or suddenly drop dead for few secs, I don't know whats up with that, but very annoying. Voting for AirVPN as favourite, haven't let me down in last 2 months and I haven't found any better so far, although I miss above mentioned servers.. still searching around..
OkayFreedom is pretty good I got a free 1 year subscription awhile ago.
Currently you can choose from 19 locations: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, USA.

Currently at the moment they have a deal for $25.00 USD I think for a year. It is usually $30.00. After my subscription finishes I will probably go to Windscribe again.

The company is based in Germany also, which is good for privacy and they say they keep no logs. Home - OkayFreedom

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
I own KeepSolid and Windscribe both unlimited lifetime but I have to say, Windscribe is one of the worst VPN's I have seen, EVER!
But KeepSolid is a solid choice, good speed and decent amount of features and 2 secure connection modes. It also passes the firewall in my country (similar to China's firewall) which is key to me.
For the price I got the KeepSolid I am happy with it but Price aside If one's need to assess the features and security I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Again I would suggest staying away from windscribe unless using the free version.

Reactions: Chimaira

Chimaira

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 5, 2018
I own KeepSolid and Windscribe both unlimited lifetime but I have to say, Windscribe is one of the worst VPN's I have seen, EVER!
But KeepSolid is a solid choice, good speed and decent amount of features and 2 secure connection modes. It also passes the firewall in my country (similar to China's firewall) which is key to me.
For the price I got the KeepSolid I am happy with it but Price aside If one's need to assess the features and security I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Again I would suggest staying away from windscribe unless using the free version.

I agree, Windscribe's speed were medicore when I tried it.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
tigervpn here for almost a year , got a deal on stacksocial for 15 countries to choose from , unlimited data and I am pleased with it , good privacy ; no leaks and no logging. The speeds from all of the countries I can choose from are great and consistent. It does what it's supposed to do for me. Customer service is also very helpful and friedly, which is a big plus.

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
I think everyone should be aware of this, when deciding on a VPN.

"Services based in the United States are not recommended because of the country’s surveillance programs, use of National Security Letters (NSLs) and accompanying gag orders, which forbid the recipient from talking about the request. This combination allows the government to secretly forcecompanies to grant complete access to customer data and transform the service into a tool of mass surveillance.

An example of this is Lavabit – a discontinued secure email service created by Ladar Levison. The FBI requested Snowden’s records after finding out that he used the service. Since Lavabit did not keep logs and email content was stored encrypted, the FBI served a subpoena (with a gag order) for the service’s SSL keys. Having the SSL keys would allow them to access communications (both metadata and unencrypted content) in real time for all of Lavabit’s customers, not just Snowden's.

Ultimately, Levison turned over the SSL keys and shut down the service at the same time. The US government then threatened Levison with arrest, saying that shutting down the service was a violation of the court order."

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
i use to use private internet access which is quite good and its privacy policy is good and has even been tested from a court order if i remember correctly.

right now i have been using airvpn for 2 reasons its strict on privacy and has 0 log policy and its strict on security, it also gets updated a lot and any issues or security problems it gets updated fast and often.

The only issue is it does not have an IOS app but i remember a support guy telling me few months ago there making one, they also dont do a chrome extension but i still went for them cause there security is of the highest standards and highly recommended by a lot of users.

a lot of people use windscribe but i would not trust it for a company that has 2 times now done lifetime at a cheap price how can they do that when they wont get no more income from them users to help pay for servers etc you might say so they can get recognition etc but thats bad business for them and just dont seem right to me that is why i skipped its lifetime 2 times now, there should be another one this year tho.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.