Advice Request Which will be your browser of 2018 ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
may i ask you which will be your broswer of the 2018 ?

will you continue to use your trusty browser or will you change your browser ?

and may I know which browser do you use included chrome engine broswers and firefox engine browsers ?
i have always used firefox with 4 extension but with the new version i lost all of them, outside adguard blocker

i have switch to chrome maybe i will use Slimjet , but about chrome engine/firefox engine browswer i don't know really if i can trust of them

thanks
and happy new year

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Chrome all the way. This thread should have a poll btw.
I use Firefox Nightly Privacy Mode with a lot of addons as my quasi-incognito browser. Initially I wanted it to become my main browser but I'm not convinced that it is faster than Chrome.

The other thing I am doing is replacing my extensions with superior alternatives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

Yandex using Opera extension store? and not compatible...
What engine does Yandex use? If it uses Chromium then it should work well. Opera can use some Chrome extensions (or most/all of them) too. I remember making an extension for Chrome a few years ago which ran just as flawlessly on Opera without any code-base changes. Yandex looks like the sort of browser to be chromium-based but @ForgottenSeer 58943 should know :)

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Yandex using Opera extension store? and not compatible...

Yandex uses Chrome Extensions, same as any other Chromium Fork. Given Yandex has perhaps the best speed dial ever made I don't see why a third party speed dial would be needed. I run 3 Chrome extensions perfectly in Yandex and never had any incompatibilities.

Remember, I speaketh about Yandex Beta.. Most of the good features haven't filtered down to live yet and I personally think Beta runs and looks far better. Not long before 7.12 release I suspect. For now, beta is my choice.

Download Yandex Browser (beta)

D

Deleted member 178

Yandex uses Chrome Extensions, same as any other Chromium Fork. Given Yandex has perhaps the best speed dial ever made I don't see why a third party speed dial would be needed. I run 3 Chrome extensions perfectly in Yandex and never had any incompatibilities.
downloaded the beta, want to use FVD speed dial which allow sync between various browsers.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
definitely chromium based but the incompatible with FVD speed dial
Yes, I tried to use Yandex to test, but the Speed Dial FVD extension is not compatible, I uninstalled it at the time, I can not get used to it without this extension, I already have my favorites everything organized with it, Opera remains my best choice.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I am reminded, again, of what first captured my attention and admiration, here on MalwareTips. How wonderful it is(y) (still) hearing about all the latest favorite browsers, and why.:unsure:
Personally, I've continued with the solid 64 bit Firefox clone, Cyberfox (although it's nearing end of development life this year) and have been quite pleased with Edge's performance including extensions like Ublock Origin on both browsers.
On linux I like Slimjet & Firefox, and also Firefox's 64 bit version which we use beside Edge upon Mrs. Cats' Windows 10!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.