Advice Request Which will be your browser of 2018 ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
may i ask you which will be your broswer of the 2018 ?

will you continue to use your trusty browser or will you change your browser ?

and may I know which browser do you use included chrome engine broswers and firefox engine browsers ?
i have always used firefox with 4 extension but with the new version i lost all of them, outside adguard blocker

i have switch to chrome maybe i will use Slimjet , but about chrome engine/firefox engine browswer i don't know really if i can trust of them

thanks
and happy new year

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi giulia,
all is in my post #7...
cause it's nice! It has rounded corners (tabs) - this is Goanna engine...
and I make it even prettier with my theme (which reminds me of the landscape of my childhood from holiday village, this beautiful mountain illuminated by night!) and "Dark Background and Light Text" addon, which makes more charm and rest for the eyes
This way it has the unbelievable charm and I make it default browser, because in addition I use it almost exclusively (previously as default I had Cent).
It's very safe cause my add-ons that I've been feeding - especially Policy Control, Redirect Control and Behind The Overlay (Moon Edition), among others,... Browser JSGuard heuristics...
and with HTML5 test it supports all H.264 etc.: YouTube
Now I have to download K-Meleon with Goanna engine release - My build of New Moon (temp. name) a.k.a. Pale Moon for XP - it's new but I don't have too much time, eg. yesterday I posted again in "NEW stunning web pictures gallery" topic...
yet I already have some other browsers (10), but I almost don't use them anymore
thanks

Last edited:

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I will probably stick with Google Chrome. It seems to do everything you need it to do just right. I was using Firefox 57.3 but I found it still slower than Chrome at loading pages. It's privacy sucks but as far as security and able to complete task I think Chrome is the best.

Reactions: given and tonibalas

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
After years of detesting Chrome (and telling the world) & trying just about all alternatives a year of so ago I did move over to the dark side & changed to Chrome - Despite it being the work of Lord Vader himself I find it the fastest & most trouble free of all the alternatives. I run AdGuard & I’m reasonably happy about any security issues. (See the power of the dark side)

D

Deleted member 178

I did move over to the dark side & changed to Chrome - Despite it being the work of Lord Vader himself I find it the fastest & most trouble free of all the alternatives. I run AdGuard & I’m reasonably happy about any security issues. (See the power of the dark side)

You are fulfilling your destiny. Become my apprentice. Learn to use the dark side of the Force. There's no turning back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.