Whitelist Cloud Beta

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I hope this is purely on demand since VoodooShield is the resident/realtime one.

not exactly, it runs in systray in real-time and does a scan of running processes every n_minutes. I think the default is 60 min and scans as often as every 5 mins. Scans are super light and scan takes 5 to 10 sec (initial scan can take a minute or 2 or 3). White systray icon let's you know everything running is "safe"

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
Dang, I wish COU was back up and running! I need to ask Dan something about WhitelistCloud Beta. I have a red scan icon for an "unresolved not safe item". The file name is HxTsr and it is found in Program Files/WindowsApps. Yet, I cannot access that folder to upload the file to VirusTotal. I also don't want to WhiteList the item.

Any recommendations?

Dang, I wish COU was back up and running! I need to ask Dan something about WhitelistCloud Beta. I have a red scan icon for an "unresolved not safe item". The file name is HxTsr and it is found in Program Files/WindowsApps. Yet, I cannot access that folder to upload the file to VirusTotal. I also don't want to WhiteList the item.

Any recommendations?

You know that you can research a file online - right ? Just search online for HxTsr.exe. You don't need a developer to tell you what to do.

HxTsr is legit. HxTsr.exe Windows process - What is it?

You don't have access to WindowsApps because even as the Admin you do not have permissions to access that folder. You can check the folder Properties and permissions for yourself.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
There is a new version of the standalone version of WLC 1.06:
Hey guys, VoodooAi is back up and running again… there might have been some odd WLC results, mainly false positives while VoodooAi was down. The good news is that VS handled the issue extremely well, so now we know that even if VoodooAi goes down, VS will continue to run (with somewhat odd WLC results ;)).

VoodooAi went down after Azure had an issue on their end, which was described by a Microsoft rep as “We had an issue last week where the web service calls were failing. The engineering team found that this was due to the TLS1.2 enforcement that happened org wide. Hence, they had to update the services to TLS1.2 as well. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.” That is just the way tech is… you just kind of have to roll with the punches. I mean, we could all be running 15 year old tech and it would be stable, or we can forge ahead and create new cool tech.

I also released a new version of the standalone version of WLC 1.06. A patched version of VS will be available soon, after I fix the other couple of items. Until then, VS will run normal, but you will not be able to see the VoodooAi result for new items. You can see them for old items because VS is grabbing them from the database.

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!
Download link:
http://www.whitelistcloud.com/Download/InstallWhitelistCloud.exe

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I had three Intel files flagged because of digital signature verified false and the UnPlug n' Pray utility from Gibson Research Corporation because it was not signed. After checking those four files on VirusTotal I whitelisted them.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thank you guys!

@roger_m, if you get a chance and have not uninstalled WLC, can you please send me your C:\ProgramData\WhitelistCloud\DeveloperLog.log and C:\ProgramData\WhitelistCloud\DeveloperServiceLog.log files? It should tell us where the hangup was, thank you!

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Scan was very quick for me. Only 1 item was flagged:

Zbfi4KOl.png

It's related to the integrated webcam (Lenovo EasyCamera) on my laptop so I deemed it a false positive and whitelisted the item.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just installed it and ran a scan. 2 items by LG flagged as unsafe for they were unsigned. Anyway whitelisted them as they are needed for splitting the screen using OnScreen Control by LG.....same like the picture above in post #34

The others thing I noticed are the Windows default firewall and rule creation. In my case Windows default firewall has been disabled and using only Spyshelter's firewall in the free version.

When a message pops up in WLC asking me whether to create a rule what should I do since Windows default firewall has been disabled? A message also pops up asking me whether I'm using another firewall. Even I answered yes it did not open Spyshelter's firewall relevant page to allow me to create the rule

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
When a message pops up in WLC asking me whether to create a rule what should I do since Windows default firewall has been disabled?
Users are able to disable this feature in VS and I assume rule creation will have no effect since WFW is disabled.
Even I answered yes it did not open Spyshelter's firewall relevant page to allow me to create the rule
As one would expect since it's not meant to work with any other FW besides WFW.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.