simmerskool

Level 7
Verified
Malware Tester
I hope this is purely on demand since VoodooShield is the resident/realtime one.
not exactly, it runs in systray in real-time and does a scan of running processes every n_minutes. I think the default is 60 min and scans as often as every 5 mins. Scans are super light and scan takes 5 to 10 sec (initial scan can take a minute or 2 or 3). White systray icon let's you know everything running is "safe"

Alexhousek

Level 1
Dang, I wish COU was back up and running! I need to ask Dan something about WhitelistCloud Beta. I have a red scan icon for an "unresolved not safe item". The file name is HxTsr and it is found in Program Files/WindowsApps. Yet, I cannot access that folder to upload the file to VirusTotal. I also don't want to WhiteList the item.

Any recommendations?

Reactions: oldschool

Dang, I wish COU was back up and running! I need to ask Dan something about WhitelistCloud Beta. I have a red scan icon for an "unresolved not safe item". The file name is HxTsr and it is found in Program Files/WindowsApps. Yet, I cannot access that folder to upload the file to VirusTotal. I also don't want to WhiteList the item.

Any recommendations?
You know that you can research a file online - right ? Just search online for HxTsr.exe. You don't need a developer to tell you what to do.

HxTsr is legit. HxTsr.exe Windows process - What is it?

You don't have access to WindowsApps because even as the Admin you do not have permissions to access that folder. You can check the folder Properties and permissions for yourself.

Reactions: oldschool

Umbra

Level 6
Verified
Btw. This is related to the email metro app. .. Metro apps get updated almost on a weekly basis, good luck maintaining a functional list of all of them. You need lot of manpower to check and reference all of them...