Poll Who here is upgrading to the new $999 Pixel 8 Pro?

Hardware Discussions
20 Replies 3,868 Views

Which Pixel phone (2023)?

  • Pixel 8 Pro

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pixel 8

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Pixel 7a

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Not upgrading from Pixel 7 or 7 Pro

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not switching from current Android phone

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Not switching from current iPhone

    Votes: 9 34.6%

  • Total voters
    26
I just upgraded from my iPhone 11 Pro to iPhone 15 Pro (delivery 1st week of November) -- I went forward because my provider gave me $860 trade-in credit for my 11. (hope there was nothing in fine-print of any financial importance...) :unsure: & Apple will sort out the reported "hot issue" by then.
There’s an update today 17.0.3. My 15 Pro hasn’t overheated yet and got it on launch day. My wife’s got pretty hot when we transferred her old phone, but has been fine since.
 
It was intentional.

The whole Pixel 6 lineup uses the 1st-gen Tensor SoC (2021). When compared to Tensor G3, G1 has no chance apart from the $300 price tagthe performance
improvement would not warrant a $1K drop when pixel 6 still has a few years left in updates, so I would be a hard pass on that.

 
improvement would not warrant a $1K drop when pixel 6 still has a few years left in updates, so I would be a hard pass on that.

What i have noticed of pixel 6a in the 2 weeks of use

tensor1 is much efficient than samsungs a series ( my mothers a54 wich is expensive)
camera of 6a is on par with my sisters iphone 14
6 inch screen is just perfect

6a reminds me of my old oneplus 5t, back in day when oneplus was best brand around then

Middle price and high level quality together thats what 6a is currently

I just hope pixel is going to release cheap tier phones in future too , so i can keep rocking google brand ( for sure pixel 7 is going to drop on decent price during black friday)
 
improvement would not warrant a $1K drop when pixel 6 still has a few years left in updates, so I would be a hard pass on that.

The Pixel 6, 7, 8, and 9 are modified Exynos chips, under performers.

The only hardware upgrade will come with the Pixel 10 in 2025. It will be a fully custom SoC made by TSMC.
 
The Pixel 6, 7, 8, and 9 are modified Exynos chips, under performers.

The only hardware upgrade will come with the Pixel 10 in 2025. It will be a fully custom SoC made by TSMC.
Will look forward to it's launch then, although to be honest I do not game or anything on my phone so I have not come close to pushing the G1 to the edge yet. It's smooth with all applications I use it for.
 
There’s an update today 17.0.3. My 15 Pro hasn’t overheated yet and got it on launch day. My wife’s got pretty hot when we transferred her old phone, but has been fine since.
Yes, I saw 17.0.3 last night and installed. Good to hear about the heat issue. I heard the same thing, gets hot during transfer then ok. Thanks.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top