Advice Request Why Avira Removed ProActiv from their antivirus ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Hello

i just figured out that avira had Behavior blocker back in the days, but why they removed it from the free and paid antivirus?

Why?

Thanks and have nice day :)

Reactions: Weebarra and Kuttz

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Avira failed actually in that ..i remember it caused hundred of windows legitimate files and processes to quarantine
Later avira rolled out an upate to rectify it.. then decided to completely halt development of their proactive guard
2-3 yrs later to stack up with the competiton Avira sycronised their CLOUD with Huawei..this rose up their detections rapidly atleast 90% above
Avira is primarily a signatured based AV to be used with some complimentary softwares for good protection
Their signatures are still Top Notch with a very good WEB blocking..nice repair capability and Heuristics
Cons: No Boot time modules, Tenable to zero hour malwares, Luke filewalker causes alot of pain and Cpu spike, Old interface, Unnecessary Bloat
Still recommendable from my end.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I'm pretty sure a local version was talked about rather recently as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.