Advice Request Why can I not finish the install!?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Okay, although I believe that Microsoft Defender is very good, I wanted to try BitDefender Anti Virus Free. In order to use it I hat to make an account, and after that was done I used the Free version for a couple of days and already wanted to buy BitDefender Total Security. Hey it is on sale here in the Netherlands for 5 devices for a year for 34,99 euros at the moment. :D

So this afternoon I bought BitDefender Total Security online. I got an email with the invoice pdf, a email to welcome me to BitDefender and one email that read....

"Finish creating your account"

That last email hat a button named "set a password". So I clicked on it and it took me to a Bitdefender login page with my name and email address already filled in. Now when I ordered BitDefender Total Security I gave my email address and I had to pick a different password for BTS because I could not remember my BitDefender Anti Virus Free password at that moment. But when I entered that new password I got the message seen on the screenshot? I can not seem to get to step 3?

Also in some places I read I need some kind of activation code? I did not get a activation code I as far as I know, or do I still get that one afterwards?

EDIT: I whited out my name, email address where needed. :)

BitDefender TS Install problems.jpg

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
Now when I ordered BitDefender Total Security I gave my email address and I had to pick a different password for BTS because I could not remember my BitDefender Anti Virus Free password at that moment. But when I entered that new password I got the message seen on the screenshot? I can not seem to get to step 3?
you can only have one bitdefender account per email address
you will have to contact bitdefender support to have them bind BTS to your existing bitdefender account or have them delete the free bitdefender account

Upvote 1

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
please try this first... to recover your password to the bitdefender account you created when installing free version

you still need to merge the BTS subscription to activate it

see "merge subscription section"

Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
please try this first... to recover your password to the bitdefender account you created when installing free version

you still need to merge the BTS subscription to activate it

see "merge subscription section"

Thank you fpr the help but I found my BitDefender Anti-Virus Free password. Thankfully I hat placed it into KeepassXC, I just did not find it because I gave it a wrong description.

I made a thread on the BitDefender Expert Community website, and mentioned that I was given the advice to ask them if they could bind BTS to my existing bitdefender account. And a Moderator already replied and gave me to links to PM two Admins who work for BD because they are the only ones who can decide on that. Now I need to wait until I get an answer.

Upvote 0

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Thank you fpr the help but I found my BitDefender Anti-Virus Free password. Thankfully I hat placed it into KeepassXC, I just did not find it because I gave it a wrong description.

Usually, with your email and your password, you should be able to access on your user account of Bitdefender.
For me does work to add even Bitdefender paid versions, I also created initially this account with Bitdefender Antivirus Free.

BD#1.pngBD#3.png

Upvote 0

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
That is the best thing of Bitdefender Central, you can manage your subscriptions, add subscriptions, move subscriptions to other devices.

Reactions: Morro
Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Alright I need to vent a little here. Early on Monday BitDefender Support Center contacted me through email and said they would transfer BitDefender Total Security to the account I am using for BitDefender Antivirus Free, but only after I proved to them that I bought BitDefender Total Security by making a screenshot of the proof and send it to them. I did that and within 15 minutes I hat send them the proof they needed.

It is now 2 and a half day since I send them the proof of sales, and 6 days since I bought BitDefender Total Security. I still have no proof they have transferred BitDefender TS, so I still can not install software I payed for and start using it after practically a week now! I have send an email yesterday to Support Center and to the Admin who was helping me on their BitDefender Expert Community website. ( No reactions so far. )

Now the Admin on their BitDefender Expert Community website helped me really well in my opinion, but has BitDefender Support Center always been this freaking slow and unresponsive!? That does not really help to bind customers in my opinion. I paid for BitDefender Total Security so I want to start using it already.

Upvote 0

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Alright I need to vent a little here. Early on Monday BitDefender Support Center contacted me through email and said they would transfer BitDefender Total Security to the account I am using for BitDefender Antivirus Free, but only after I proved to them that I bought BitDefender Total Security by making a screenshot of the proof and send it to them. I did that and within 15 minutes I hat send them the proof they needed.

It is now 2 and a half day since I send them the proof of sales, and 6 days since I bought BitDefender Total Security. I still have no proof they have transferred BitDefender TS, so I still can not install software I payed for and start using it after practically a week now! I have send an email yesterday to Support Center and to the Admin who was helping me on their BitDefender Expert Community website. ( No reactions so far. )

Now the Admin on their BitDefender Expert Community website helped me really well in my opinion, but has BitDefender Support Center always been this freaking slow and unresponsive!? That does not really help to bind customers in my opinion. I paid for BitDefender Total Security so I want to start using it already.
Go to support chat, its faster and they can do this thing while chatting with them, i did the same. ( i now switched to Norton360 though )

• Thanks
Reactions: Morro
Upvote 0

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Go to support chat, its faster and they can do this thing while chatting with them, i did the same. ( i now switched to Norton360 though )

Thank you, I would have done that if I just hat not noticed that while I hat visitors over, BitDefender AV Free automatically updated to BitDefender Total Security. So it is all solved now. :)

• Applause
Reactions: Jengo
Upvote 0

quentisa

Level 1
Jan 6, 2023
It sounds like you're encountering an issue with your BitDefender account. The message you're receiving is likely related to a password issue. The password you created for BitDefender Anti Virus Free might not match the password you created for BitDefender Total Security. To resolve the issue, try resetting your password by clicking the "Forgot Password" link on the login page.

Regarding the activation code, it's possible that the code was included in the email you received with the invoice PDF. If you can't find the code, you can contact BitDefender support for assistance. They'll be able to help you with your account and activation issues.

Upvote 0

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
It sounds like you're encountering an issue with your BitDefender account. The message you're receiving is likely related to a password issue. The password you created for BitDefender Anti Virus Free might not match the password you created for BitDefender Total Security. To resolve the issue, try resetting your password by clicking the "Forgot Password" link on the login page.

Regarding the activation code, it's possible that the code was included in the email you received with the invoice PDF. If you can't find the code, you can contact BitDefender support for assistance. They'll be able to help you with your account and activation issues.
I think if you look at the post above you its already been resolved.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.