Why Did Emsisoft Put this on my drive!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Thank you! But you still have not explained to me why it showed up on my C:/ as I clearly showed in my first post!!

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Thank you! But you still have not explained to me why it showed up on my C:/ as I clearly showed in my first post!!

Uhhmm yes it does...or did you not read my previous posts?
zrvrNGJ.png

Take a good look at this image, this image was made by downloading and running EEK.
You have to create the c:\EEK folder in order to run EEK at all. (Or specify a location you wish)
And since you have done exactly that when you did download, extract and then run EEK, this is exactly the reason why that folder is there.
That said i told you that you can remove the folder after you are done.

Kind Regards
Nico

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Thanks! Yes I know I can remove it! ESET on line scanner removes it's self with one check mark. Microsoft safety scanner leaves no traces that I'm aware of. I don't like programs extracting on my C:/. I don't remember seeing that option, but it was probably there.
Thanks for your replies! My computer vocabulary leaves a lot to be desired. I'm self taught. No college. When I uninstall a program and use regedit(F3) and SearchEverything, it would be hard for you to find any left overs of that program on my PC.;):rolleyes:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.