Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Need help with computer problems

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazel mike

Dec 24, 2014
Malware Tips on Tweeter! I discovered now - it's very nice, and there is a marvellous possibility to have the latest MT news!:cool:

Reactions: Oxygen

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
To receive free giveways :D
Kiding, didn't know about giveaways till I joined, I came here to learn regarding cyber security.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
MY VOTE/S: These three :)

*You're looking for the best Anti-virus software
*Just surfing and found this forum

*Need help with computer problems

ewerton

Level 2
Verified
Dec 26, 2014
MalwareTips page I found browsing the internet,
I decided to be a member of this forum because
I passionate about computers, software,
as my knowledge can help others
greet

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I started this thread shortly after becoming a MT member.
Here's a update. I joined because it was recommended by a friend. I found the friendliest people in the world here, and so I stayed.
I'm afraid I have worn my welcome out on some other forums because I'm very windy, to friendly ,and very old.
So far Jack has been putting up with me.
I some times get bored because I'm into solving W7 issues and not so much into testing malware software.
I have held a tech title on another forum, not sure I deserved it. Oh well, I'm not welcomed there any more.:(
I have found enough things on MT to keep me busy besides malware.
I'm having a ball and I'm having one of the best times I have ever had of on a help forum.
If you are new to MT, stay around and look around. You will find some thing that interests you on
MT. If you have a problem with windows, start a thread. I'm betting someone is waiting to help you.
There are also some great give a ways. MT has the best Malware fighters you will ever find any where. I guarantee That!
Join us on MT and invite all your friends.
That's my story and I'm sticking with it!!;):)
PS I'm also learning a lot of new things here on MT!

Reactions: scot and frogboy

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I joined MT because:
- I like discussing computing related topics with other people.
- Share my tips, tricks, and tutorials with other people.
- Learn more about computing than I already know.
- Help anyone out that needs it.

Reactions: tallorder

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I joined here because malware removal is my passion

Plus what's the best way to learn more is by being around great folks who are experts in their own right

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I was fed up with myself! No computer ability, or knowledge to improve my computer, needing to send it out for everything, wanting to learn 'how to', but nowhere to do that. MT is completely awesome! The people here are exceptional, helpful, willing to take time and give suggestions: I cannot say enough about my experience and impression of MT!!!

Best, is that nobody is going to do it for you, the learning and doing is ultimately up to you, which I think, is the only way to learn. I'm still a little scared. What if I do something, or backup or defrag or ??? and kill my computer? The thing that will free me up to try is that if there is anyway to get back here to MT, it LIKELY will become operational again. Wish I knew how to download a heart to this article
Andy-heart-ribbon.png
. Ha! Yes!

1. for the extensive knowledge available on MalwareTips forums about what messes up your computer :p

2. for the MalwareTips Giveaways, Contests and Sweepstakes section which is now slower than it used to be :(

3. for the wise ones like BoraMurdar, Huracan, jamescv7, Malware Test, Nico@FMA, Raoul90 & many more :cool:

4. for the nice ones like Cats-4_Owners-2, Donetao, exterminator20, Jack, Sr.Normal, Tony Cole & many more :D
good answer

I had my own gaming/computing site with a partner and was moderating a few more sites.I had googled something to do with a piece of software and stumbled upon MalwareTips. It looked very interesting so I bookmarked it and for a few days roamed around checking things out as a guest.Since i have always been interested in computing and security and had already made some friends in the AV business I decided to join. I am self taught with the help of my partner who is a computer engineer for Rockwell.Like most of you after joining I found the site to be very friendly. Not intimidating like some sites who like to chastise the less experienced users and have staff members who are unwilling to help or be available to the membership. This was a refreshing change of pace and have now been here for over 2 years.I enjoyed helping members with some security software trial licenses that I was privy to and sharing whatever knowledge I could pass along.At the same time learning some new things myself from the many very knowledgeable members.I have been around on many sites in different capacities and I can honestly say this is by far one of the best.I have made some new friends and enjoy seeing all of you every time I am online. Its a pretty awesome thing when you think that we are from all parts of the world and can get together here and we are all willing to help out a fellow member.The latter is why I stay!!!
I appreciate you, exterminator20. Thought my inexperience was a problem, but thanks so much for this:
Not intimidating like some sites who like to chastise the less experienced users

Last edited by a moderator:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I appreciate you, exterminator20. Thought my inexperience was a problem, but thanks so much for this:
Not intimidating like some sites who like to chastise the less experienced users
MT excepts everyone's computer experience. We do not intimidate the less experienced.
MT however does intimidate the more experienced.:(:(
Just kidding.;);)But some times it feels that way when I'm having a bad day, but that's very rare. I have felt picked on on occasions but I bounce back quickly. I'm a survivor! Glad your enjoying your stay. I'm the author of this thread. Thought it might help our owner decide any future changes to the forum!!;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Always keep in mind that if you are unsure about doing something while you are learning to just ask.Somebody here will always help you and guide you in the right direction.
No question is a dumb question and those who truly want to help people will give you the help you need regardless of your experience.
The members here with the title "Trusted Member" will be glad to help you in any way they can as will other members.
You are a member here just as everyone else is staff included and Im glad you feel welcomed and I hope you have fun learning.As intimidating as it seems at first it does actually get fun once you gain some experience :)

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I joined because interested to learn malware, to add knowledge and of course find friends :)
why I want to learn malware? because it's something new and I like & love to learn something new :)

I want to help members but i just ordinary computer user, few have the knowledge and my english is bad :)

I am very happy and enjoyed being part of the MT :)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I want to help members but i just ordinary computer user, few have the knowledge and my english is bad :)
Hi your English is fine. MT is glad you joined!! My knowledge is very little, but I try to pass forward things I have learned from forums like MT!
If you can make a little difference in the computer world and pass on your experiences, then that is a good thing.

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
What changes might be needed? donetao said: ..." Thought it might help our owner decide any future changes to the forum!!" This site is easy to navigate, works extremely well for alerts, has PM's in the event it is needed, has a million fantastic topics to go to to learn, debug, de-?? , and 'how to's, and friends to make! What else is needed? It would appear your site is growing, what is needed? Money? Ads? Truly curious even though I may not find out...

It is extremely easy to get right back to an article, or forum that one was looking at or commenting on. Once, I was at another forum that was this simple to navigate- until they changed it, and it was such a problem and no longer enjoyable, that most left...

But, what do I know? I know I would offer any help I can, that's what!

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What changes might be needed? donetao said: ..." Thought it might help our owner decide any future changes to the forum!!" This site is easy to navigate, works extremely well for alerts, has PM's in the event it is needed, has a million fantastic topics to go to to learn, debug, de-?? , and 'how to's, and friends to make! What else is needed? It would appear your site is growing, what is needed? Money? Ads? Truly curious even though I may not find out...
It is extremely easy to get right back to an article, or forum that one was looking at or commenting on.

I agree :) I really don't know what changes need to be made.We are running on Xenforo platform which is probably the best platform available right now in my opinion.
The site is ad free and offers free help to anyone with a malware removal problem.
The site has forums and subforums for everything from security,security & PC software,malware removal,site exclusive giveaways,all operating systems,reviews,tutorials,new technology including PC hardware,troubleshooting both hardware & software problems,gaming,tablet & smartphone discussion as well as a section where anything can be discussed.
The move from MyBB to Xenforo was a big move and a very good one.By the way Xenforo is not free
Seems to me everything is just fine!!!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I never said things weren't fine. I created the thread so new members could post what they liked about the forum and maybe what they might like to see added or changed. I personally would like to see more computer related problems being posted. That's where I believe I can be a asset here on the forum as that's what I do in my village. I do clean infected PC's but I don't have the formal training to do that here.
I think you got some great team help here @tallorder;) ,but I didn't see that mentioned in your reply. There have been 37 replies on this thread and they have all been positive and that's a good thing. The more members that join the more advertising dollars and the bigger MT grows.
Making MT the number 1 help forum is my goal and I'm just looking for ways to make that happen!! I don't understand why we don't have more members asking about computer problems. The malware section has all they need and they do a great job.
I have no real complaints or suggestions on how to make MT better!!;)

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Of course, I had had great help from team members: that (practically) goes without saying, but I could mention it again. I did a forum on THANKS to MT, and meant it! exterminator20 mentioned that:
"The move from MyBB to Xenforo was a big move and a very good one.By the way Xenforo is not free." Maybe I could start a donation forum!!:)
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.