• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The reason I've joined forum is to share my knowledge, state my opinion and views through issues, malware related problems and many more.

Back when I began doing those things since Grade 6 (2008) and mold from time to time to engage in such communication.

Engaged in forum discussion from a previous one before for about 2-3 years and went here in MalwareTips from year 2011 to present.

:)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi James! I have only been active in the computer world sense 2004. In 2008 I was 70 years old!
Thanks for your reply. I came here and hoped;) I could make a difference and pass forward things I have learned in my short 10 year computer experience.

E

eight

1. for the extensive knowledge available on MalwareTips forums about what messes up your computer :p

2. for the MalwareTips Giveaways, Contests and Sweepstakes section which is now slower than it used to be :(

3. for the wise ones like BoraMurdar, Huracan, jamescv7, Malware Test, Nico@FMA, Raoul90 & many more :cool:

4. for the nice ones like Cats-4_Owners-2, Donetao, exterminator20, Jack, Sr.Normal, Tony Cole & many more :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I came across MalwareTips, from @ryan and the users over at MalwareUp.org. I joined because the layout of the site was slick and clean. Also to share what knowledge I have.

Reactions: Ink and donetao

maximus

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 18, 2014
I found MT in google,
I would like to learn something from you, how to protect my computer

Reactions: Ink

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi I also joined to learn and to pass along what I have learned from others in my short 10 computer experience.

Maximum

Level 1
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I have joined MT because i wish to help out other members & share security software giveaways.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I also found MT in Google. I just want to learn new things about PC stuff specifically PC Security. ;) I'm really happy for being a part of this forum. :)

P.S. This place is really awesome and also the members. :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I joined because it looked interesting, now i can't stay away because i have a lot of fun and have learned and are learning lots of things. Cheers to everyone. :D

Reactions: Ink and scot

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I found this site doing yahoo searches, I stumbled here a few times over the years, but really saw things that caught my eye this time around :) I joined because I liked the posts I was reading and I like and use Home Computers new and old since the age 3 or 4. First one being the game computer Odyssey 2.

I also want to figure more about how hardware and software works, get some tips, find the best browsers/addons, and I can talk anti-virus til I'm blue in the face. :cool:

Reactions: Ink and tallorder

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Now the real reason is I thought there was free Coffey
but since it not on the list voted for
Just suffing and found this forum

Reactions: frogboy

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
Well, I joined because I was interested: (1) in chatting with people, as I'd never done the forum thing before. (2) in entering giveaways for fun, it's kind of a hobby of mine. (3) In helping people when I could. (4) In meeting new friends. Well, I could go on, but those are the primary reasons. ;) :)

And oh yes, Merry Christmas and Happy 2015, to all!!

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I was using MT as my reference guide for many years after @Jack helped me remove Conduit from my old desktop (that's so old that it's dead right now :p)- It helped me secure my computer. After hearing about those giveaways + the gratefulness of the members, I was hooked! I guess, joining MT was a great decision- I also had an account at Wilder's but wasn't very active there for my own reasons (please don't ask).

Today I'm just somebody who experiments stuff on computers. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I had my own gaming/computing site with a partner and was moderating a few more sites.I had googled something to do with a piece of software and stumbled upon MalwareTips. It looked very interesting so I bookmarked it and for a few days roamed around checking things out as a guest.Since i have always been interested in computing and security and had already made some friends in the AV business I decided to join. I am self taught with the help of my partner who is a computer engineer for Rockwell.Like most of you after joining I found the site to be very friendly. Not intimidating like some sites who like to chastise the less experienced users and have staff members who are unwilling to help or be available to the membership. This was a refreshing change of pace and have now been here for over 2 years.I enjoyed helping members with some security software trial licenses that I was privy to and sharing whatever knowledge I could pass along.At the same time learning some new things myself from the many very knowledgeable members.I have been around on many sites in different capacities and I can honestly say this is by far one of the best.I have made some new friends and enjoy seeing all of you every time I am online. Its a pretty awesome thing when you think that we are from all parts of the world and can get together here and we are all willing to help out a fellow member.The latter is why I stay!!!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
WOW! @exterminator20 Those are the best reasons I have seen! Just to add a little to your reply. You can agree here, not to agree and not get banned by a staff member that doesn't like your replies or your suggestions that may be a little different to their thinking!
Like most of you after joining I found the site to be very friendly. Not intimidating like some sites who like to chastise the less experienced users and have staff members who are unwilling to help or be available to the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.