• MalwareFighter is good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing from IObit is good

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Total voters

JoyousBudweiser

Level 9
Verified
I know the incident with Malwarebytes against Iobit but that has to be forgotten sometime or not?
No not at all. Its because they have not only taken the code, but passed it off as if it was their own, put all of their users at risk ( There might have been more than one corporations who had deployed this software) put themselves in a risky position and to top it all of it was just suicidal(because if it was proved in c court of law, that would have amounted to bankruptcy). Would you trust or employ someone who has known to have suicidal tendency? Absolutely not.

Reactions: Nevi

roger_m

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
I have used many (if not most/all) of Iobit's "tools". I hate to say it but even Avast managed to vastly outperform their protection, and let's be realistic, Avast is definietly not a top-tier dog in the field...
That's understandable, because IMF does not have very good behaviour blocking and Avast is nowhere near as bad as if you make it out to be.
"Advanced SystemCare": the software's protection is memetic, a simple .dll file contains the info wether it's the pro, ultimate or free.... No words needed.
I don't know what your point is. Just because a program has only basic protection against piracy, does not mean that its bad.
Questionable the fact, that there's no audit nor any news related to 1. the company 2. its staff 3. its "products" 4. accidents (if any happened). It's a bit shady to me...
Which is also the case for most software publishers.

Reactions: Nevi and Cheeseman

Cheeseman

Level 1
I don't know what your point is. Just because a program has only basic protection against piracy, does not mean that its bad.
Than what proof exists that tells me, as a potential customer that their tool(s) is (are) the best on the market if they care little about their own tool(s)'s protection, let along my protection?
That's understandable, because IMF does not have very good behaviour blocking and Avast is nowhere near as bad as if you make it out to be.
I have used Avast (many of its versions, free and paid ones too), and from my experience switching to Eset was single-handedly the best choiche I have ever made. Avast even back then had a questionable protection (granted, they had their gold days, but we all know what's true about good things, right?)... Now, their "protected and super-secure browser" was found not only to be anything but protected and super-secure, and it was used for god knows how long as a data gathering tool, and suprise-suprise it was sold to the highest bidder....
Which is also the case for most software publishers.
Yes, but most software publishers don't make so-called "pc care" and antivirus tools. Those who works in the security field gets audited wether they like it or not, otherwise who would buy their goods?

Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

roger_m

Level 30
Verified
Content Creator
Than what proof exists that tells me, as a potential customer that their tool(s) is (are) the best on the market if they care little about their own tool(s)'s protection, let along my protection?
But it's not different with IObit to many other software publishers. For example all of the software from Auslogics/Tweakbit/Outbyte (which are all basically the same company) can be converted into the paid pro versions, just by copying a certain dll file to the program's folder.

Let's not also forget that it is extremely easy to illegally activate Windows. Does that mean we should all stop using Windows?
I have used Avast (many of its versions, free and paid ones too), and from my experience switching to Eset was single-handedly the best choiche I have ever made.
Avast has some issues certainly, but it still is a very good antivirus. I can name many antiviruses that offer nowhere near the level of protection that Avast does.