Why Does the size of C Drive always Increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I have always seen that why when we do a fresh Install of Windows the Windows Size is 17GB & after 3-5 months the size goes to 32-35 GB. Why?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Because every thing you download and do work store in disk c by default,not only that all updates which are downloaded like microsoft,browser,antivirus and other software install on c drive thus increasing size

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Stranger said:
Because every thing you download and do work store in disk c by default,not only that all updates which are downloaded like microsoft,browser,antivirus and other software install on c drive thus increasing size

but Increment of 15-18GB
One eg.....
Before Installation of Adobe Photoshop i have 25 GB
When i Installed it i had 27GB
After when in Uninstalled it then 26.3 why?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I don't know about adobe Photoshop space requirements but as per your data its 25 gb before and 27 gb after and 26.3 after uninstall

The uninstall of adobe is not completely done be sure and it left behind many thing on your hd

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Stranger said:
I don't know about adobe Photoshop space requirements but as per your data its 25 gb before and 27 gb after and 26.3 after uninstall

The uninstall of adobe is not completely done be sure and it left behind many thing on your hd

i used Iobit Uninstaller to uninstall it.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Could be a number of reasons...

First thing you should try is.

iTHOhH1.png

LGHKafs.png

0ZKVNia.png

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Iobit is good uninstaller but i doubt it capabilities to remove everything.

Try this things in order:

1... Install revo uninstaller pro(30 days trial)
2... Install adobe Photoshop again
3.. Uninstall adobe with revo uninstaller advanced setting
4... Delete all registry file and folders founded in advanced uninstall
4a...Do step suggest by Mrxidus
5... Clean pc with cccleaner

Reboot

Now adobe photoshop will be completely uninstalled

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I think MrXidus covered it all. Only way to make sure that it's completely uninstalled is format the whole PC.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
+1 for using Disk Cleanup.

The Windows OS partition size increases over time, with use.

For example:
- Windows Updates
- System Restore points
- Installing software
- Updating software
- Backup installers
- Windows Logs / Events etc.
- IE and other Browser Temp files, cache, history etc.
- Windows Features (WMC, Games, IE etc.)
- Also you enquired about the Windows.old folder, that takes up space too.

You can always use the Quota, so your partition drive doesn't reach it's max. capacity.

SZWipqX.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One of the main reason are the system restore points which occurred every install and uninstall of application. + If you are using a virtualization software like Shadow Defender, Toolwiz Timefreeze and etc they are using caches and once committed it will occupied the free space of C Drive.

gopalabhaskar

Aug 5, 2013
MrExplorer said:
Stranger said:

but Increment of 15-18GB
One eg.....
Before Installation of Adobe Photoshop i have 25 GB
When i Installed it i had 27GB
After when in Uninstalled it then 26.3 why?

it lefts installed content in C partition to make your partition back 25GB try to remove cache and files left by adobe in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop ,in My Documents

gopalabhaskar

Aug 5, 2013
MrExplorer said:
I have always seen that why when we do a fresh Install of Windows the Windows Size is 17GB & after 3-5 months the size goes to 32-35 GB. Why?

even your fresh installation is 17 GB it is incresed because softwares packages updates that are hidden in your the patition and Recyclebin size incresed in your system. unhide the all folder check and see.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Caches, restore points and old installers are usually big contributors to the waste of space. For example, Google Chrome keeps at least two versions of the browser and their installers on the hard drive. The nVidia driver installer keeps two copies of every driver you have ever installed. they are never used. If you use Spotify it will by default use up to 10% of free space for caches.

I use SpaceSniffer to see where my free space has gone: http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.