Serious Discussion Uninstalr 2.0 + a benchmark comparing all the popular Windows uninstallers

jv16

From Macecraft Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Jan 2, 2023
Version 2.4 has been released.

The key changes are:

• Greatly improved the uninstallation performance.
  • Bug fix: The program could get stuck on uninstalling specific apps, the uninstallation process would simply not proceed.
  • Bug fix: The program could report the installation size of some apps wrong.
  • Bug fix: The program could crash with an “Out of Memory” error message.

As always, the full Change Log is available here: Uninstalr

To update to the latest version: Simply download the new version from the website: Uninstalr

Please let me know if you have any feedback, thank you!

Tuxedo_McPaws

Nov 30, 2023
Despite all the updates and fixes in Uninstalr 2.0 I no longer get a BSOD when trying to uninstall any app. Instead though When I would normally get a BSOD My PC just locks up completely and requires manually powering off and on. This happens on both my Windows 11 desktop and laptop. BTW I forgot to mention I love jv16 power tools hopefully in the future you will integrate Uninstalr into it??

Last edited:
  • Applause
Reactions: Dave Russo

jv16

From Macecraft Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Jan 2, 2023
Despite all the updates and fixes in Uninstalr 2.0 I no longer get a BSOD when trying to uninstall any app. Instead though When I would normally get a BSOD My PC just locks up completely and requires manually powering off and on. This happens on both my Windows 11 desktop and laptop. BTW I forgot to mention I love jv16 power tools hopefully in the future you will integrate Uninstalr into it??

I believe this is the same issue you are experiencing: Does running Uninstalr cause BSOD? Read this - Macecraft Software

TLDR: Please uncheck the "Automatically close all running programs" option as a workaround until this issue is fixed.

Uninstalr will be included to jv16 PowerTools as well. I just need to iron out these small issues first.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.