Why does Windows XP refuse to go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Why does Windows XP refuse to go away? ;) -topic for you all ..

Why does Windows XP refuse to go away? on xpwasmyidea.blogspot.com : http://xpwasmyidea.blogspot.com/

'Dear Microsoft, time and again, you have attempted to convince Windows XP customers like me to upgrade to the latest version of Windows and we have refused to upgrade. It’s been what: 5 ½ years ever since Windows Vista debuted that this issue exists and Microsoft keeps wondering why we don’t upgrade. Get a clue, please. Ever wonder why Windows XP is your most successful product ever? There are no plans to upgrade for many users because the newer product does not serve our needs, it does not include many features that Windows XP has and we use them, we depend on them for our day-to-day computing activities. Without them, there is no question ever of upgrading from Windows XP. Do you still want to be so stubborn and arrogant that you refuse to even acknowledge these issues and ignore them permanently? Then let me remind you, customer is king, it’s never the other way round. You will lose your Windows XP customers permanently.' .. ..:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If Mac users can upgrade why can't Windows users.

MS should have forced Windows 7, without the choice of Windows XP.

Windows XP users have ~700 days left, until MS finally ends support. Hopefully by then I can get the people I know to be using a modern OS.

"You will lose your Windows XP customers permanently" and move to what exactly?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Weird that Mac users can upgrade and Windows users can't, oh that's right Microsoft want to keep people in an outdated OS and then at the last minute they want them to update at very short notice. They should of done the update years ago.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:

Says the guy running Firefox 3.x. :p

I like XP. When it is no longer supported, I'm finally moving to Linux.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
If people are still using XP, it means XP is gr8. Even micrososft till date could not make a great competitor to XP. Even Linux Distros have inplace upgrade. Microsoft just wants users to buy a new version and spend more money. MS really needs to rething their stratergy to make w8 a sucess.
The only great change from XP to 6.0Oses was that they had a redefined interface but even a little outdated hardware does not support that UI.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HeffeD said:
Earth said:

Says the guy running Firefox 3.x. :p

I like XP. When it is no longer supported, I'm finally moving to Linux.

You're mistaken, I don't use Firefox 3.x, I tried it again a few months ago only to have it on my system for a day. :D

Check my config and you'll see I'm running Chrome.

You got ~700 days :p

D

Deleted member 178

malbky said:
If people are still using XP, it means XP is gr8. Even micrososft till date could not make a great competitor to XP.

Xp is still widely used because most of users are still using old config, companies will pay too much too upgrade, etc...

In term of security, WinXP can't compare with W7.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well that is what most businesses use, but I've seen them slowly upgrade to Windows 7.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For some reason they would wait till at the last since there was no problems.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
I had our company moved to Windows 7 almost 2 years ago and it's been great. I could see us using windows 7 for at least another 4 more years and maybe then we will upgrade to windows 13. Its funny my VP asked if I would be proposing a Windows 8 upgrade for next year. I asked him if he had seen any pictures of it, he replied that he had and I told him then my answer should be an obvious no.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
pcjunklist said:
Its funny my VP asked if I would be proposing a Windows 8 upgrade for next year. I asked him if he had seen any pictures of it, he replied that he had and I told him then my answer should be an obvious no.

In that case they are there just to make the money :lolz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.