Advice Request Why is Bitdefender website so outdated

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Farhad24

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 24, 2021
Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but i personally sometimes wonder why Bitdefender' website is just so outdated it looks like they are an abandoned company like Comodo but they are not, so any idea why it's like this?:

-the company (about) page is outdated and title of webpage saying 17 years of whatever, it is not 17 years tho it's like 19 years now. ( at least 2 years dated ): About Bitdefender: 17 Years of Innovation in CyberSecurity
-the HotforSecurity blog by Bitdefender, at the end of the page ( Home ) you'll see it says Copyright © 2008 - 2016 ( at least 4 years dated )
-it's the only company that is offering Password Manager for Windows but not for Mac/Android/IOS and users has been remembering them this since 2018
-their Labs webpage is saying Copyright © 2008 - 2018 at the end of the page. ( at least 2 years dated ): Home
-their Research blog is just another case that worth to mention just take a look at and you'll get the point: Bitdefender Research (at least 1 year dated)

-finally their Community aka forum is abandoned like no place else, there is no staff/admin/moderator in any kind, people advertise their underwear shop websites etc of their own in this community you cannot believe it untill you see it with your own eyes, there are some users just spamming posts/threads of nonesense like "dfngos gne hahaha", and also there are people that posting scam/phishing urls on their forum ( ie: Trendmicro activate ) i have 3 times since 2019 reported these issues to Bitdefender and they said they just never responded.

i mean i like Bitdefender, i like to use their product, but these things are the ones that holding me back everytime i think about it, like specialy if they cannot moderate their very own forum' security and keep people from posting scam/phishing pages on their forum, how can they keep me secure online? let's say they will, why they just don't fix these? isn't 1800 people enough to moderate a company? hire some admins for a forum? updating some copyrights ?

i would like to hear what you guys think about stuff i've mentioned as well.
keep it coming please!
thanks!

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Hi,
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but i personally sometimes wonder why Bitdefender' website is just so outdated it looks like they are an abandoned company like Comodo but they are not, so any idea why it's like this?:

-the company (about) page is outdated and title of webpage saying 17 years of whatever, it is not 17 years tho it's like 19 years now. ( at least 2 years dated ): About Bitdefender: 17 Years of Innovation in CyberSecurity
-the HotforSecurity blog by Bitdefender, at the end of the page ( Home ) you'll see it says Copyright © 2008 - 2016 ( at least 4 years dated )
-it's the only company that is offering Password Manager for Windows but not for Mac/Android/IOS and users has been remembering them this since 2018
-their Labs webpage is saying Copyright © 2008 - 2018 at the end of the page. ( at least 2 years dated ): Home
-their Research blog is just another case that worth to mention just take a look at and you'll get the point: Bitdefender Research (at least 1 year dated)

-finally their Community aka forum is abandoned like no place else, there is no staff/admin/moderator in any kind, people advertise their underwear shop websites etc of their own in this community you cannot believe it untill you see it with your own eyes, there are some users just spamming posts/threads of nonesense like "dfngos gne hahaha", and also there are people that posting scam/phishing urls on their forum ( ie: Trendmicro activate ) i have 3 times since 2019 reported these issues to Bitdefender and they said they just never responded.

i mean i like Bitdefender, i like to use their product, but these things are the ones that holding me back everytime i think about it, like specialy if they cannot moderate their very own forum' security and keep people from posting scam/phishing pages on their forum, how can they keep me secure online? let's say they will, why they just don't fix these? isn't 1800 people enough to moderate a company? hire some admins for a forum? updating some copyrights ?

i would like to hear what you guys think about stuff i've mentioned as well.
keep it coming please!
thanks!
You aren't wrong. Their website could use some work to make it more intuitive. Also their forums/community is mostly worthless. Thankfully my limited experience with their direct chat support is phenomenal. They have been quick to respond with mostly useful answers.

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
I never care about a company's forums. Some have them, some don't. Many people don't even use forums. I believe the forum model is beginning to be replaced anyway. I've used BTS for quite some time. I haven't been to the website in a long time, but I don't recall it being bad. Then again, I don't judge a company based on whether it has spiffy bells and awesome whistles on its website to compete with other flashy websites. I will say, though, that my experience with their support has been nothing short of sensational.

Farhad24

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 24, 2021
Then again, I don't judge a company based on whether it has spiffy bells and awesome whistles on its website to compete with other flashy websites.
to all those who think the problem is their website is not being flashy i'd like to bold one of the main problems that you might missed:
that's right we should not judge Cybersecurity Companies based on how flashy is their website, but we sure can judge them if people are freely post known scam/phishing urls on their official forum and they do nothing considering multiple of their users already sent an email regarding the issue to them
bd.PNG

In this email ticket i have mentioned the post to trendmicro fake activate website that users are posting on their forums however months later it is still there and probably much more like it.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The only time I needed their support they answered quite fast from the support request from inside the product. I checked their forums, but forum support is not their main channel.
Also, forums will often have only negative posts as the people who have no trouble with the product won't be posting "Everything works" posts :)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I have an impression that they focus on providing to other companies rather than selling to individuals. I think that kind of situation is affecting.:unsure:
Also, forums will often have only negative posts as the people who have no trouble with the product won't be posting "Everything works" posts :)
I think that's why the comodo forum is thriving.😃

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
As they say here the forums are not necessary to demonstrate that the security of a company is correct. In my case I have used the chat support and it works excellent, it responds instantly, as well as I send you samples by virustotal on their page bitdefender.com/submit. They upload the infected file in less than 24 hours. They also told me that much less people are working, you must remember that we are in a global COVID pandemic, so they prioritize only what is important. For something they did not launch beta of the product.
Is my opinion.

hanapupu

Level 1
Mar 31, 2019
My personal experienced with their support is excellent. Few days ago I contacted them ask for renewal price discount. I told them 49$ (for 10 devices) for renewal price is expensive for me, plus I have subscription for 15 Devices not 10. I asked them $30 if possible for renewal price, and they send me link with a price tag of $35 and all this happened using their chat support.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.