Advice Request Why is Sophos Intercept X for Android available for download to the average user?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Probably because I've never seen it in real life testing fine more that Dr.Web, Avl Pro, Bitdefender Free, LibreAv ,AhnLab V3 Mobile Security, Dr.Capsule-Antivirus and Safe Guard-Mobile Security which is a new Av
and all of those are free so pray tell me why use that for free, when i get infected phones to fix that don't find the serious stuff that some of the free 1's find but want you to upgrade to there full suite for
removal and if people mind most of them and upgrade they still cannot
get the virus remove. Sophos has plenty features but when i comes to detection and removal on android it's a waste of time.
And that goes for most android Antivirus so to be clear sophos is not alone in being a waste
of people time app, they're plenty just get an old phone and do some testing for your self and you'll be surprise. And it was always free on android for yrs they just change the name.
And to be honest when android is infected most of them fail (even those above) and send you to support, It is what it is.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.