Why no one prefers Norton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasswitch

Level 2
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
It's good to hear from other users of Norton 360. As I have said previously I have never had any sort of problem with it. Norton gained a bad name early on because it wasn't up to par and was full of bloatware- not nowadays. It sits quietly in the back going about it's business, it automatically backs up when the computer is idle and I have never had an infection in my computer for years because of it. I have had an occasion to call support and found them to be very helpfull. When my present Norton 360 multi edition runs out in December, I will definitely put it on again. I also agree with BigWrench -"I prefer Norton":cool:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I don't think Norton is bad, I just don't trust Symantec because they publicly posted a secret solution to getting the CryptoDefense key, although Emsisoft and other vendors kept it quiet. Now the developer fixed the issue and we have no solution but to pay the ransom, all because of Symantec:(

Actually, again, Norton is pretty solid AV that is not bad.
If you have the money to purchase Norton there is a much better solution out there: ESET or Kaspersky.
Hmm. Norton 360 is $89.99 for 3 pc (mandatory, so you need to purchase in 3-pack) while ESET Smart Security is $59.99 for 1 pc.
ESET is much cheaper than Norton 360 for 1 pc, unless you take advantage of a Norton 40% off giveaway now: http://us.norton.com/360/?inid=us_hho_topnav_pd_360.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dima007
D

Deleted member 21043

I am using Norton from version 2004 till now! I can say that that old version / 2004-2008 / were slowing down my pc but I don't have any problem from version 2009 till now / version 21 /! I tried all of the other security products / BitDefender 2015 Beta, AVAST! 9 , Eset Smart Security 7 , Kaspersky 2015 Beta / but Norton is the faster than all! I know some people which hated Norton products but I have installed it on their's PC's and they don't have any problem with Norton! So if you don't believe - download the trial version! I am sure that you'll be amazed how fast it is working.
Heyyy.... Avast 9 is a fine piece of artwork...

Reactions: phyniks

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Let me tell you my story.
Today, I decided to try Norton Internet security 2014.
I installed it, updated it and decided to do a full scan. While doing the scan, I opened recent history to check some things. And, at some moment I did a right click on an entry. NIS crashed and could not respond for several minutes. Windows offered to terminate NIS, I clicked yes and then, the whole screen froze, so what I did was to press the reset button on the tower.
After reboot, the history and some detections (they were some cracks that I never used them) concerning the specific full scan were not there. Even quarantine was empty, and the detected malware files were missing.

After all this, I decided to do a quick scan, go to recent history and right click on a random entry. Guess what, exactly the same ething happened.
If you don't believe me I have a screenshot to send you If you want xD

I did the same last procedure on my brother's PC and there were no problems. So, this may not happen to you.

I

illumination

Norton IS has an outstanding intelligent firewall actually, other then this, i would not put my faith in the rest of the suite without having another layer/form of protection with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.