Advice Request Why you must use Bing in Microsoft Edge: Earn Points & Rewards

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Forewarning:
  • US customers may get better rewards and offers than other participating countries (ie. UK)
  • Rewards may not be available in your country - we know! But it's not US only.
  • Use Bing on Edge without compromising Other browsers with Bing searches

Learn more at
Microsoft account | Welcome to Microsoft Rewards

Getting started is easy
Just opt in and start earning points. It's free with your Microsoft account.

Rewards for you
Redeem your points for popular games, newly released films and more.

Points for searching
Search with Bing on your PC and phone to quickly earn points every day.

Points for shopping
Get points with virtually every purchase from Microsoft.

Points for browsing
Earn points when you actively browse the web with Microsoft Edge.

Member exclusives
Access special offers and discounts, just for Microsoft Rewards members.​

Once registered, visit https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/dashboard to earn more points. You may receive emails from Microsoft, and can unsubscribe at any time.

Email example:
upload_2017-6-14_13-26-38.png

Redeem & Enter Sweepstakes [Link]
upload_2017-6-14_13-32-58.png

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I do not think Bing is all that bad. Currently doing this rewards program and it is pretty nice. Microsoft Edge has been pretty good these last months I have been using it. One time the browser didn't count the points I should have earned that day. I talked to MS about the issue and they gave me 1000 points. :D

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I really wouldn't entertain this at all (with any browser) just think of all the information they can collect on you and your browsing habits and then what will they do with that ?

It is just a ploy in my opinion to gather information on the user and this is from someone who doesn't really care about being tracked so how does a paranoid user feel.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I really wouldn't entertain this at all (with any browser) just think of all the information they can collect on you and your browsing habits and then what will they do with that ?

It is just a ploy in my opinion to gather information on the user and this is from someone who doesn't really care about being tracked so how does a paranoid user feel.

As with Google.

I personally started using Bing today to redeem on Xbox live membership. Use their search engine in order to get free live. I'm all in. :D

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
DuckDuckGo set for Edge, just as for Google Chrome. :p
Ixquick, StartPage, DuckDuckgo....

How do you know for sure they are not collecting Data on you, is it because they told you they were not? I never blindly trust anything. ;)

As for privacy, there is no such thing on the internet, someone always can see what you are doing in one shape or form. So why not used the most advanced, best search engine out there, Google Search, to make your life easier.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Ixquick, StartPage, DuckDuckgo....

How do you know for sure they are not collecting Data on you, is it because they told you they were not? I never blindly trust anything. ;)

There is no way to tell 100% if they don't, which is why I never blindly trust anything either. :)
But with Google, I know 100% that they do, because it's their very raison d'être.

As for privacy, there is no such thing on the internet, someone always can see what you are doing in one shape or form.

There are two ways to react to a problem: Nod and give in or resist to the possible extent. I'm just a strong proponent of the latter in general.

So why not used the most advanced, best search engine out there, Google Search, to make your life easier.

Nothing to lose there, Startpage e.g. uses Google's database. It just doesn't grab personal data from the user. Life couldn't get any easier than that.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Glad to see some positive attitude around here.

Not trying to start an argument here, but I'm not sure I understand. Does merrily falling for the next clickbait scheme constitute positivity?

I consider myself a generally happy and open-minded person, I just practice due diligence when participating in a business model.
More especially so, when something is hailed as being "free" coming from a company, because in most cases they gotta eat, too. :p

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not trying to start an argument here, but I'm not sure I understand. Does merrily falling for the next clickbait scheme constitute positivity?

I consider myself a generally happy and open-minded person, I just practice due diligence when participating in a business model.
More especially so, when something is hailed as being "free" coming from a company, because in most cases they gotta eat, too.
Everyone cries about "Privacy Matters" and "If It's Free, There's a Catch".

It's a never-ending list of complaints if you mention:
  • Google? Privacy
  • Windows 10? Data collection
  • Encryption Backdoors? Spying
There's a difference between signing up for "Watch Movies Online for Free, Just Fill-out This 5 Minute Survey at AdFly URL" and "Get a Free Xbox Live Gold Pass for 2000 points with Microsoft Rewards".

So making daily randomised searches with Bing on Edge, on a browser no-one uses, won't affect your every day living.

The only time your life may be affected is in an event of a Security Breach with lax security and your data is stolen by a cyber-criminal scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.