Wich app that repect privacy and anonymity to make free calls ?

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Hi,

Everybody chose What'sapp, Snapchat, Signal, Telegram to make free calls, transfer files, etc.

I've just came across about Jami and Wickr Me.

Links:
Jami
Wickr Me

Do you know these apps ? Have you already tried it ?

Any others apps will be welcome. The more anonymity and privacy, the best choice.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I think there are certain limitations to Wickr for the free version, gotta read the fine print to see if that fits your needs.

Never heard of Jami before and most guides on sites don't really cite this so I would be wary when using it.

As far as free end to end encrypted calls go, Signal is pretty good. A compromise would be Whatsapp if your intended recipient isn't on Signal.

I know many people might disagree, but Telegram is pretty good too for encrypted calls, and provides a level of privacy since it isn't owned by Facebook.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
About Jami:
  • No or missing tech docs, in my opinion to dim
  • No audit
  • Open source
  • It's on F-Droid
  • It's E2EE however it doesn't use DTLS 1.3 (it uses DTLS 1.2)
Available on all major platforms, this free software project is led by Savoir-faire Linux - a Canadian/Quebecois GNU/Linux consulting company - and is supported by the global community.

About Signal:

About Wicker Me:

From what I know is not open source so I DON'T CARE about this app.

And for your calls use Nokia 1100 Rh 16. :cool:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.