DDE_Server

Level 3
Hello gents,
I am facing a problem with connecting to my wifi network and I am trying to solve it for while but no progress.
When I trying connecting to my wifi it ends with the following error "cannot connect to this network" so i tried these steps with no change
  • Uninstall network drivers from driver manager and reinstall them.
  • Rest my router "although I do not think the main cause of the problem is traffic from the router as all the other devices in my home connected normally and there is no connection issues ".
  • Use command prompt with the following commands "ipconfig reset/release /renew /flush DNS /auto level tuning disabled/reset winsoc catalog/..etc ".
  • Delete my network profile and establish the network connection manually again /forget my network and trying to connect again
  • Update my network drivers using driver pack solution/snappy drivers.
  • Using repair software "complete internet repair"
So I want to know if some faced this problem and found a permanent solution for it before I reset the whole windows.

Note: I was not facing this problem when I was using Windows 7 it popped up on windows 10

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and Weebarra

Dave Russo

Level 5
Verified
Does device manager show missing driver even though you ran snappy? I had a similar problem ,bought netgear from walmart and was able to get online , it was on a computer I no longer have,but once I got online again {using Netgear} I was able to reinstall missing driver,and only kept the Netgear usb around for a backup as the problem stopped.gl

DDE_Server

Level 3
Does device manager show missing driver even though you ran snappy? I had a similar problem ,bought netgear from walmart and was able to get online , it was on a computer I no longer have,but once I got online again {using Netgear} I was able to reinstall missing driver,and only kept the Netgear usb around for a backup as the problem stopped.gl
No after untinstalling the network driver and restart the machine i found them still installed again but not updated as i checked the driver using snappy , it found them but outdated so i am confused about this problem :emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:

Reactions: Nevi

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Staff member
Verified
Some things I would try
  • sfc /scannow
  • try to boot with Hiren's Boot Pe with Wifi drivers to filter if the problem is within the Windows
  • trying NetAdapterRepair tool
  • go to Wifi card manufacturer's site and download the latest driver from there
  • see if your machine can connect to other Wifi network

Weebarra

Level 15
Verified
Do you happen to use Emsisoft by any chance ? I had real issues a few months ago with a similar problem and even though Emsi support were very and patient with me, i never got it resolved. My license was due to expire so i took the decision to just switch to another AV and everything worked as normal again.

DDE_Server

Level 3
Do you happen to use Emsisoft by any chance ? I had real issues a few months ago with a similar problem and even though Emsi support were very and patient with me, i never got it resolved. My license was due to expire so i took the decision to just switch to another AV and everything worked as normal again.
yes i use emsisoft antimalware . i tried disabling it but the problem still persist . i will try to uninstall it and see if the problem will be resolved thanks for this hint

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 3
Some things I would try
  • sfc /scannow
  • try to boot with Hiren's Boot Pe with Wifi drivers to filter if the problem is within the Windows
  • trying NetAdapterRepair tool
  • go to Wifi card manufacturer's site and download the latest driver from there
  • see if your machine can connect to other Wifi network
i tried sfc command and the verification was successfully completed with no error in the system files .also i tried the latest manufacture's driver update from hp official website but this could not solve the problem. i tried network updated before also
i will try hiren boot @BoraMurdar do you have link to download it i tried their website but i think mini xp windows became unsupported with latest drivers

Reactions: Weebarra

Weebarra

Level 15
Verified
For some reason @Eng_Mohamed, i could connect after a reboot but after putting the pc to sleep, the issue started again on wake up. If this happens with you then i could certainly try to recover the email support i had with Emsi to see if it helps you or you could contact them yourself. I knew it was Emsi for me after exhausting all other options then uninstalling it and using a free security solution which didn't have any problems. I must state that i was using Windows 7 and Emsi said a small number of people were affected but i see that you use W10 so it may not be the same problem for you.

DDE_Server

Level 3
For some reason @Eng_Mohamed, i could connect after a reboot but after putting the pc to sleep, the issue started again on wake up. If this happens with you then i could certainly try to recover the email support i had with Emsi to see if it helps you or you could contact them yourself. I knew it was Emsi for me after exhausting all other options then uninstalling it and using a free security solution which didn't have any problems. I must state that i was using Windows 7 and Emsi said a small number of people were affected but i see that you use W10 so it may not be the same problem for you.
firstly , thank you a lot @Weebarra for sharing your experience with me.
i was using Emsisoft on windows 7 but this problem was not exist before when i upgrade to 10 the problem appeared
could you forward the support mail for me may be the solution be applicable in my case .
Also have you exported any log file helped you to trace the problem.

DDE_Server

Level 3
use the latest feature in Network category
(PENetwork Network)

• Aero Admin v4.5
  • Teamviewer v6.0.10511
  • Acrylic Wi-Fi Home v3.3.0
  • Chrome v67.0.3396.62
  • Mozilla Firefox v60.0.1.6710
  • PENetwork v0.59.0.4
@BoraMurdar

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Use generic Windows network drivers?
Remove your device(s) from Router network page?