DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hello gents,
I am facing a problem with connecting to my wifi network and I am trying to solve it for while but no progress.
When I trying connecting to my wifi it ends with the following error "cannot connect to this network" so i tried these steps with no change
  • Uninstall network drivers from driver manager and reinstall them.
  • Rest my router "although I do not think the main cause of the problem is traffic from the router as all the other devices in my home connected normally and there is no connection issues ".
  • Use command prompt with the following commands "ipconfig reset/release /renew /flush DNS /auto level tuning disabled/reset winsoc catalog/..etc ".
  • Delete my network profile and establish the network connection manually again /forget my network and trying to connect again
  • Update my network drivers using driver pack solution/snappy drivers.
  • Using repair software "complete internet repair"
So I want to know if some faced this problem and found a permanent solution for it before I reset the whole windows.

Note: I was not facing this problem when I was using Windows 7 it popped up on windows 10

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Does device manager show missing driver even though you ran snappy? I had a similar problem ,bought netgear from walmart and was able to get online , it was on a computer I no longer have,but once I got online again {using Netgear} I was able to reinstall missing driver,and only kept the Netgear usb around for a backup as the problem stopped.gl

Upvote 0

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Does device manager show missing driver even though you ran snappy? I had a similar problem ,bought netgear from walmart and was able to get online , it was on a computer I no longer have,but once I got online again {using Netgear} I was able to reinstall missing driver,and only kept the Netgear usb around for a backup as the problem stopped.gl
No after untinstalling the network driver and restart the machine i found them still installed again but not updated as i checked the driver using snappy , it found them but outdated so i am confused about this problem :unsure::unsure:

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Some things I would try
  • sfc /scannow
  • try to boot with Hiren's Boot Pe with Wifi drivers to filter if the problem is within the Windows
  • trying NetAdapterRepair tool
  • go to Wifi card manufacturer's site and download the latest driver from there
  • see if your machine can connect to other Wifi network

Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Do you happen to use Emsisoft by any chance ? I had real issues a few months ago with a similar problem and even though Emsi support were very and patient with me, i never got it resolved. My license was due to expire so i took the decision to just switch to another AV and everything worked as normal again.

Upvote 0

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Do you happen to use Emsisoft by any chance ? I had real issues a few months ago with a similar problem and even though Emsi support were very and patient with me, i never got it resolved. My license was due to expire so i took the decision to just switch to another AV and everything worked as normal again.
yes i use emsisoft antimalware . i tried disabling it but the problem still persist . i will try to uninstall it and see if the problem will be resolved thanks for this hint

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Some things I would try
  • sfc /scannow
  • try to boot with Hiren's Boot Pe with Wifi drivers to filter if the problem is within the Windows
  • trying NetAdapterRepair tool
  • go to Wifi card manufacturer's site and download the latest driver from there
  • see if your machine can connect to other Wifi network
i tried sfc command and the verification was successfully completed with no error in the system files .also i tried the latest manufacture's driver update from hp official website but this could not solve the problem. i tried network updated before also
i will try hiren boot @BoraMurdar do you have link to download it i tried their website but i think mini xp windows became unsupported with latest drivers

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
For some reason @Eng_Mohamed, i could connect after a reboot but after putting the pc to sleep, the issue started again on wake up. If this happens with you then i could certainly try to recover the email support i had with Emsi to see if it helps you or you could contact them yourself. I knew it was Emsi for me after exhausting all other options then uninstalling it and using a free security solution which didn't have any problems. I must state that i was using Windows 7 and Emsi said a small number of people were affected but i see that you use W10 so it may not be the same problem for you.

Upvote 0

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
For some reason @Eng_Mohamed, i could connect after a reboot but after putting the pc to sleep, the issue started again on wake up. If this happens with you then i could certainly try to recover the email support i had with Emsi to see if it helps you or you could contact them yourself. I knew it was Emsi for me after exhausting all other options then uninstalling it and using a free security solution which didn't have any problems. I must state that i was using Windows 7 and Emsi said a small number of people were affected but i see that you use W10 so it may not be the same problem for you.
firstly , thank you a lot @Weebarra for sharing your experience with me.
i was using Emsisoft on windows 7 but this problem was not exist before when i upgrade to 10 the problem appeared
could you forward the support mail for me may be the solution be applicable in my case .
Also have you exported any log file helped you to trace the problem.

Upvote 0

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
use the latest feature in Network category
(PENetwork Network)

• Aero Admin v4.5
  • Teamviewer v6.0.10511
  • Acrylic Wi-Fi Home v3.3.0
  • Chrome v67.0.3396.62
  • Mozilla Firefox v60.0.1.6710
  • PENetwork v0.59.0.4
@BoraMurdar

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
use the latest feature in Network category
(PENetwork Network)

• Aero Admin v4.5
  • Teamviewer v6.0.10511
  • Acrylic Wi-Fi Home v3.3.0
  • Chrome v67.0.3396.62
  • Mozilla Firefox v60.0.1.6710
  • PENetwork v0.59.0.4
@BoraMurdar
Just use PENetwork to connect and see if it works. It may need manual input...

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Use generic Windows network drivers?
Remove your device(s) from Router network page?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.