Will you update to Windows 10 Fall Creators - How to delay it ?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I got burned by Creators Update -- it had a font-rendering bug that took over a month to be fixed (this only affected computers using non-latin characters for system locale). The bug crippled several programs for me. No thanks, I am waiting.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Yesterday i used the Media Creation tool to download W10.
I formated C: then installed W10 and once again i saw in Task Manager Windows Processes over 80:eek:
What's going on? Is this normal?
Anyway i will wait a few days to do again a clean install.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Same opinion as @SecretKeeper. Specially because this update seems to improve performance because it changes the way the CPU scheduler works. Many people is reporting performance improvements on multi core CPU's (AMD Ryzen for example), not only in games but on other softwares too.
Definitely there is some improvement in performance. I am getting slightly more fps in War Thunder. PS game mode is turned on for this.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
@venustus @frogboy 80+ processes wow.
My wife's has a little over 30 windows processes, i don't know what is going on.
Anyway after installing the latest update i will ask you again guys.
Thanks for your answers
Oh, that's nothing. I have 129 processes running right now.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Marko :) if you are running lot's of software then yes your running processes will be increased.
But i am talking only about Windows processes.
In task manager you can your processes for your apps and after that you can see windows processes.
As @venustus said it's more than 80 and that's the case on my laptop. But on my wife's pc is just over 30 processes.
That's the number i thought was right but now...
Anyway i am using W7 as my main system because it's lighter for my old laptop, i only use W10 as a secondary system.

DJPRMF

Level 1
Sep 26, 2017
I think Microsoft have improve they update process. The rate of errors after a update have decrease, in my point of view.
This in the case of a home environment, in a company is another thing... :)

But i don't think the "delay" is needed anymore, at least for this kinds of updates...

Reactions: given

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
What if the MCT still installs an older version even after 10am PT? How to make sure one is installing the FCU?

Reactions: given

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.