Advice Request Will you update you present windows OS to Windows 8.1?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justmad

Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2013
Personally, Windows 8 is FAST and RESPONSIVE. Though Windows 8.1 has been improved a lot, I would like to stick to 8 for a little while. 8 is ok, but not as good as 7. So Windows 7 is still my main OS for study and work, 8 at home. Will you update to the newest windows OS or keep using the present OS?

Freddyand5

Verified
Sep 18, 2013
So today, I actually got chance to use Windows 8.1 on my friends PC and have found, the Most Awaited Start Button is Use Less.... Besides, found grammatically 2 bugs (apparently look Bugs) :D would not mention until i thoroughly examine !!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Use Less" is one word, "useless".

justmad

Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2013
The Start Button works like the home button of a phone.

I said:
At this time I intend to stay with Windows 7.

Freddyand5 said:
So today, I actually got chance to use Windows 8.1 on my friends PC and have found, the Most Awaited Start Button is Use Less.... Besides, found grammatically 2 bugs (apparently look Bugs) :D would not mention until i thoroughly examine !!

D

Deleted member 178

Imran said:
No i'm sticking with my Windows 3.1 :p

better use MS-DoS : no bugs, extremely fast, minimal graphism, used by famous hackers like Trinity , Neo or Morpheus

:p

I think nobody noticed the uber feature of Win8.1 : the bloated computer window and the awesome arrow

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I really like 8.1, but ONLY because StartisBack makes it functional.

dwarfin

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Never, for sure not in next months. Staying with my win7 ultimate im happy with it. Will need to buy new laptop/pc with win 8 to starty using it :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I updated my laptop to 8.1 previous already had Windows 8, the new start button sucks so I kept IObit Start Menu 8 but with my main desktop I will be sticking with Windows 7 since Windows 8 doesn't offer any benefits for desktop PC without touchscreen.

Thanks. :D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Earth said:
You can thank all those who wanted it back. :p

Littlebits said:
the new start button sucks

They requested the Start Menu back, not this Smart button that launches into Metro when you need to run a program in desktop mode, then you have to move back to the desktop to run the program.

I'm sorry this Start button is just not going to cut it for most users who like to walk in a straight line to get some place. If you are an adventurous person who likes to run around the mulberry bush a few times and then finally get where you are going you might like this new Start button.

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.