Win 10 Apps Updates

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Win 10 has inbuilt/default apps that cannot be uninstalled officially. Some can be uninstalled.

Now if you sign-in in Store app, it shows updates available...And updates available shows updates for both installed default apps & uninstalled default apps too.

I have removed default apps that can be removed officially i.e has uninstall option.

I have set updates for apps in Store to disable. I dont use apps except Calc.

Do you guys updates apps? And not updating the apps pose security risks?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Have you uninstalled any inbuilt apps & do you see updates for those uninstalled inbuilt apps too?

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
No i do not see updates for uninstalled apps.
Your update setting in Store is automatic, right? So updates are automatically installed.

Set it to "OFF" for few days...And check if updates are available & if updates for uninstalled apps & uninstalled inbuilt apps are there or not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I leave anything in default however never update those Store Apps; why? Because I tend not to use them always (except Calc and Alarm/Clock) + least priority to remove those unnecessary programs.

When it comes on security risk, so far they are still low considering that Microsoft implement good security checker besides of audience impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.