Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Additional things on Windows:
UAC Level: Max
Update checkers(s): The one included in Avast
Virtualisation: Toolwiz TimeFreeze (I enable it only when needed)

D

Deleted member 178

i think no, even if it is always active; i put it on Application Hardening

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
EMET design to protect against exploit by setting up the application which are commonly vulnerable.

D

Deleted member 178

Secunia PSI is a vulnerability manager, it scan the softwares installed on your system and compare their version with a database if your softwares are out of date, it will notify you.

http://secunia.com/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In that application its a less hassle as Secunia PSI would provide you the updates to the latest version once detected an older version.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Secunia PSI is a vulnerability manager, it scan the softwares installed on your system and compare their version with a database if your softwares are out of date, it will notify you.

http://secunia.com/

It's interesting...

D

Deleted member 178

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
It's interesting...

yes and very useful, i use it (and many of the members of this forum) since long time.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
RE: WinAndLinuxTutorials's Config: 7/10/11

I've installed Secunia PSI. Should it be put in on-demand scanners?

D

Deleted member 178

RE: WinAndLinuxTutorials's Config: 9/10/11

it can but it do its job automatically, so maybe you should create a "various security applications" group and put it there.

Luke[Dumke480]

Oct 28, 2011
i've noticed on the these types of configs, that there alot of the same.. plus there is a paradigm shift at play here.

Very safe? Config though!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.