WinAndLinuxTutorials's Config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think command line is supported (works?) in the free version, so you'll need to manual update SpywareBlaster every week.

Do you know how to test if Autorun is disabled?

Which version of Comodo Cleaning Essentials do you run?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Yes, I need to update SpywareBlaster manually, but I have never tried to update it using Command Line.

I configured Avira Free to block all types of devices that use autorun and I have also downloaded a simple application from AskVG to disable autorun.

The version of CCE I am running is: 1.6.183539.73
----
Update: Panda URL Filter is also added.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
There's a new Beta of CCE which is 2.1 or something, You should check it out as new features were implemented.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good to know you changed your web browser. :s

However, I just noticed:
General computer knowledge: Advanced
Level of security risk: High

What brings the security risk to High?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What made you switch out Avira Free to Comodo's Antivirus (part of CIS)?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
What made you switch out Avira Free to Comodo's Antivirus (part of CIS)?

I downloaded COMODO Antivirus From here and then I disabled Avira Free. I closed COMODO Firewall from the system tray and started the installation of COMODO Antivirus. After the installation completed, CIS opened, but it asked me to restart the computer. I restarted it and everything worked normally, so I uninstalled Avira Free.

D

Deleted member 178

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
I downloaded COMODO Antivirus From here and then I disabled Avira Free. I closed COMODO Firewall from the system tray and started the installation of COMODO Antivirus. After the installation completed, CIS opened, but it asked me to restart the computer. I restarted it and everything worked normally, so I uninstalled Avira Free.

this is a strange behavior, normally i should remove Avira first , cleaning all its traces then adding CAV.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
True. You should be removing any other Real Time Protection software before installing in a new one.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you prefer, you might be better off with KeyScrambler Personal which is free for IE and FF.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Unless you do online banking/shopping you do not need Zemana. KeyScrambler is ineffective against banking malware and MRG proves this. I would go with Avast over AVG. AVG runs too many processes and is often crippled by malware.

P

Plexx

How is AVG performing on your system? Last time I checked memory usage wasn't particularly light.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you do a custom install of AVG Free?

Do you use AVG LinkScanner and ID Protection too?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
@Earth
I use a Custom Installation to prevent the installation of the toolbar.
@biozfear
The RAM usage isn't that high for me. You can also check my laptop's specifications.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.