WinAndLinuxTutorials's Config

I

illumination

WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
thewolfsmith72 said:
Google Chrome is quite secure.. Although I would give Comodo Dragon a try, and see what you think, as it compliments CIS very well.. And if you are already used to Chrome, the transition will be nothing..
I've given it a try, but I really hate that it uses the ask search engine, so I used Google Chrome instead...

Comodo Dragon does not use Ask search engine.. Comodo Search, around 3 years ago used the Ask search engine, not even sure if it is still around... I am using Dragon right now with CIS and they work together flawlessly..

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
Comodo Dragon does not use Ask search engine.. Comodo Search, around 3 years ago used the Ask search engine, not even sure if it is still around... I am using Dragon right now with CIS and they work together flawlessly..

When I want to search using the URL bar, it redirects me to Comodo Search and when I type anything there it searches using the ask engine.

I

illumination

thewolfsmith72 said:

When I want to search using the URL bar, it redirects me to Comodo Search and when I type anything there it searches using the ask engine.

I was not aware Comodo Search was still around, when i first install Dragon, i go into options, to basics, and either use google or bing search for home page..

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
As the wolfsmith72 says, set up Dragon to use whatever search engine you wish.
Mine is set up to work with Scroogle and works flawlessly.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hackerpunk1 said:
advise to change webbrowser. Chrome has low security protection compared to FireFox

Well the fact is Chrome have built with security features like sandbox that Firefox doesn't have.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hackerpunk1 said:
Chrome has low security protection compared to FireFox

Firefox has lower protection settings than IE's Protected Mode, and Chrome uses light-sandboxing techniques, whereas Firefox has none. I would like to see an article about what you claim.

Cheers.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Perhaps you noticed the adblocker for Trafficlight already. ;) Their adblocker doesn't have more configuration its like to be install and forget.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Earth said:
Hackerpunk1 said:
Chrome has low security protection compared to FireFox

Firefox has lower protection settings than IE's Protected Mode, and Chrome uses light-sandboxing techniques, whereas Firefox has none. I would like to see an article about what you claim.

Cheers.

Firefox seems to be the 3rd most secure browser behind chrome and IE. Most ppl don't realize that IE has been utilizing sandboxing since IE7, but it seems chrome has done a better job of it. It would be nice to see how IE10 comes out but I most likely won't be moving to a Windows that features so much java like windows 8.

ocsi

Level 1
Oct 26, 2011
Update!
Removed: Comodo Internet Security
Installed: Avast Free, ZoneAlarm Free, Bufferzone Pro

How is BufferZone Pro? Works well on Win 7 x 64?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
ocsi said:
How is BufferZone Pro? Works well on Win 7 x 64?

I'm in a deep suspicion that BufferZone Pro is the cause of my system slowdown. I closed it for a time and the system is currently running well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good, now SBIE should protect you.

Bufferzone Pro didn't even want to install on my system, I do believe they rushed this release.

You have a lot of extensions, which have you found to be the most reliable, accurate from Avast WebRep, BDTF and WOT?

You got a lot of updating to do when new updates are released. :p

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
You have a lot of extensions, which have you found to be the most reliable, accurate from Avast WebRep, BDTF and WOT?

I think it's WOT. I know I should consider removing some, but I am lazy. :D

D

Deleted member 178

Bufferzone crashes my system...lucky i had a backup image...Sandboxie never crashed it.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Update:
Switched from avast! free to AVG Free for causing problems with a program I frequently use.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Were programs causing Avast to crash? If so what programs?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Must confess I have never ever tried AVG products over many years.
Will monitor your experience/s with interest :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which part of Avast caused problems for which programs? Was it the Auto-Sandbox, or other component of Avast?

Thanks.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
@stormgtr :p
I don't know what exactly caused the issue. I've tried to disable all avast! features and run the program. Still errors occurred. Then yesterday I've decided to switch to AVG, and after the operation, the program worked successfully.

muhammadariif

Aug 3, 2011
@stormgtr :p
I don't know what exactly caused the issue. I've tried to disable all avast! features and run the program. Still errors occurred. Then yesterday I've decided to switch to AVG, and after the operation, the program worked successfully.
Do you have uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller and reinstall it?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
@McLovin: There was no program that crashed avast!.

muhammadariif said:
Do you have uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller and reinstall it?

Which program are you talking about? :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.