WinAndLinuxTutorials's Config

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Update!
1. Now using CIS 5.9 And removed UnThreat Free.
2. Switched to Google Chrome (Adblock Plus, Ghostery, WOT, Lastpass)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
How was UnThreat Free was it good, i.e light on RAM usage, detection rate good?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
How was UnThreat Free was it good, i.e light on RAM usage, detection rate good?

Yes it was good, uses Vipre engines. Using a >40 MB RAM most of the time.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

That's not bad. Uses less than ESET. Might give it a try.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I think unthreat is loosing money. They are buying a Vipre's av engine and giving 90% of an av for free.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
McLovin said:

That's not bad. Uses less than ESET. Might give it a try.
Well, '>40 MB' would mean that it uses more than 40 MB RAM most of the time, which is pretty bad.
Unless, of course, you (WinAndLinuxTutorials) meant '<40 MB', in which case, why did you stop using it?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Well, '>40 MB' would mean that it uses more than 40 MB RAM most of the time, which is pretty bad.
Unless, of course, you (WinAndLinuxTutorials) meant '<40 MB', in which case, why did you stop using it?

Yes, I meant less than 40MB, sorry for the mistake. I stopped using it because I upgraded to CIS 5.9 when it was released, and I wanted to have less processes running... :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Now I'm interested, how many processes do you have running (excluding Chrome, if running)?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Earth said:
Now I'm interested, how many processes do you have running (excluding Chrome, if running)?

12 processes ran by me. Others are run by the System. The number of processes may increase as I've just reinstalled Windows. :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I meant total processes (excluding Web browser and Task Manager), mine averages around 33-35 processes.

What made you removed Kingsoft PC Doctor?

Why add MBAM Pro?

Cheers :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I added MBAM Pro just for fun. :D

87965937.jpg

That sounds quite silly. If you don't require Malwarebytes real-time to be running in the background nor do you need the added protection. Saying just for fun is almost next to useless.

But that your choice. Not a wise one. Carry on.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
That's gotta be one of the silliest reasons I've seen. I respect your opinion though.

ChromiumHF

Dec 19, 2011
Hay mate im currently using NIS 2012, if i install all those fancy tools you are using will there be any conflicts between the tools and my real time protection software ( NIS 2012 )?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Hackerpunk1,
why you can say "Chrome has low security protection compared to FireFox"?
can you give us a proof, why can like that?

I

illumination

Google Chrome is quite secure.. Although I would give Comodo Dragon a try, and see what you think, as it compliments CIS very well.. And if you are already used to Chrome, the transition will be nothing..

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
Google Chrome is quite secure.. Although I would give Comodo Dragon a try, and see what you think, as it compliments CIS very well.. And if you are already used to Chrome, the transition will be nothing..
I've given it a try, but I really hate that it uses the ask search engine, so I used Google Chrome instead...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.