Windows 10 20H2 released

Minimalist

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020

How to get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update​

With organizations moving and adapting from remote to hybrid work scenarios, and essential workers continuing to support us all, it is more important than ever that we continue to provide you with the tools you need to remain protected and productive. In June, we announced Windows 10, version 20H2—and the availability of the first preview build in the Windows Insider Program. We then released a preview build to commercial customers in the Beta and Release Preview Channels for pre-release validation in August. We have continued to make improvements based on the feedback received through these programs and I am pleased to announce that we are beginning the availability of the October 2020 Update. Today’s post offers details on our measured and phased roll out approach, how you can get the update, and information to enable commercial organizations to begin targeted deployments.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Last edited by a moderator:

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
Final ISOs are also available now but I already had it installed :cool:

1603216013941.png

No problems so far, looks like a good release

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
At the moment there are two known issues:
Errors or issues during or after updating devices with certain Conexant audio drivers
Devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers might receive a stop error with a blue screen.
N/A
Investigating2020-10-20
00:24 PT

Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers
Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004.
N/A
Investigating2020-10-20
00:23 PT
The other two are resolved or migrated.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
A lovely build 20H2 is. Currently installed as an Insider build, so it seems I'll be moving on soon. 😰

Very stable, here's a 9-day stretch. Still have a couple of ESENT id 64 "warnings" on every start/restart in Event Viewer but it doesn't seemingly impact performance. May be related to the nvm-e installed as my boot drive. The SSD disk optimization "never run" and "defrag" bug is outta here! Doesn't mean this'll hold true stability-wise for everyone. But hopefully, it will.

relmon2.PNG
about win.PNG

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
And it depends on what build you are currently.
For 2004 is just an enablement pack / feature update, no big update.
For older builds it is a much bigger upgrade.
If you upgrade directly using Windows Update, you will be able to install this feature update in less than 100MB. Remember that this is only valid for those running Windows 10 Build 19041.508 or newer.

Minimalist

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
And it depends on what build you are currently.
For 2004 is just an enablement pack / feature update, no big update.
For older builds it is a much bigger upgrade.

Yes, I updated from 2004 and it took me less than 5 minutes to make incremental system image and install update.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I've never trusted non clean updates, but considering 20H2 it's not a big update there shouldn't be problems
What is your current build/version?
Build 19042.572
Anyway, I just did it. Very small update like many said above. Took less than 5 minutes for downloading, installing and restarting the system.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.