Troubleshoot windows 10 bsod, won't boot to safe mode ( irql not less than equal, ndistpr64sys)

justin rodriguez

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2017
Please help I've tried looking through all the threads I could. Inadvertently did this with a download last night. Thought boot into safe mode was being prevented by my wireless keyboard so I'm hardwired in now but still can't get to safe mode screen.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It is an easy way, but should that repair fail, now your back to using the method i mentioned above. I personally keep a copy of windows 10 on a flash drive just for these purposes.
You can also boot to the cmd prompt from there, as well as safe mode and system restore ;)

Upvote 0

justin rodriguez

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2017
i started the process of creating the bootable copy, but am still looking toclean up as much as possible before starting any other process. found this malicious .exe in my startup folder
(C:\Windows\src_srv\winsrcsrv.exe) and disposed of it.

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
See if it works.

Download correct tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flash drive into the infected PC.

Restart your computer and tap F8 to bring up the Advanced Menu, then click Repair your computer

Follow the prompt to enter keyboard input method, and then the prompt to enter a password. If the machine does not have a password, simply click Enter.

In the next menu, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Command Prompt and press Enter.
  • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter. Or FRST.exe if 32 bit system.

Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

justin rodriguez

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 7, 2017
okay, rocky, will the farbar tool work just like that? just reboot from the flash drive and it runs the diagnostic or whatever? sorry if i sound hella stupid, i just dont want mess up more than i already have

Reactions: brambedkar59
Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I don't know if it will work, I just copy pasted it from other tech site.
If it works then this will create the frst log file for your system, which you can post on new thread in malware removal section here. After that, if it's a malware issue then The Mighty Twinheadedeagle will help you from there.
Keep us posted. :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.