Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
#10 No Sound after upgrade on HP G4 Laptop

Issue: Sound does not play or work
Procedure: Tried to reinstall audio driver from IDT and even AMD drivers. Volume icon on taskbar remains with (x) mark. Unfortunately was unable to rectify.
Fix: I couldn't find a fix, hence forced me to roll back to previous version.

Reactions: SHvFl
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Procedure: Tried to reinstall audio driver from IDT and even AMD drivers. Volume icon on taskbar remains with (x) mark. Unfortunately was unable to rectify.
Clean install or via updater?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

I found this, which may be of help, as it references other G series laptops:
HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support
If you have a ProBook 440 G3, 470 G3, or 450 G2 and have no sound after reinstalling the operating system, follow these instructions to resolve the issue:
  1. While starting the computer, repeatedly tap F10 to open the BIOS.
  2. Navigate to the Advanced tab.
  3. Select built in device.
  4. Check the Audio box.
  5. Save the changes and exit.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Clean install or via updater?
Via updater. I am worried to clean install because I have dual booted my PC. I dont want to waste time in configuring again if anything goes wrong during the installation.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Via updater. I am worried to clean install because I have dual booted my PC. I dont want to waste time in configuring again if anything goes wrong during the installation.
both windows? or Linux and Win10?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
OK i understand your reticence :D

If you clean installing, you won't loose the Linux partition but you will gave to rebuild grub to access it.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
# Microsoft Edge slow load of internet pages

Issue: Microsoft Edge slow load of any pages, no matter is on Bing or Google, or typed directly (15-25sec or more depending of website).
Procedure: Disabled Flash, Reseted the Edge, Refresh W10, Fresh install of W10 (twice).
Fix: So far i dind't find any fix to that problem.

Other browser have no problem.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Issue: Microsoft Edge slow load of any pages, no matter is on Bing or Google, or typed directly (15-25sec or more depending of website).
Procedure: Disabled Flash, Reseted the Edge, Refresh W10, Fresh install of W10 (twice).

I dont have it , do you have some webfilters installed ? what security apps are you using?

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Just fresh install of W10, no web filters, no security apps, just built-in WD.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Just fresh install of W10, no web filters, no security apps, just built-in WD.
Clean install + OS updated and cleaned? then, maybe try toying with Edge settings, some people reported some slowdown, maybe specific to some systems.
Personally i use Chrome with Appcontainer tweak, Edge is my alternative browsers.

Reactions: cryogent and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

Do you use a vpn with openvpn? WIndows 10 changed how dns works so if your vpn company does a dns lock it will make the websites take long to load at times until they update their method.
As it is now windows randomly tries adapters for dns and doesn't specifically go with the vpn adapter dns that is active. If you actually use a vpn i can post the solution.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Clean install + OS updated and cleaned?
Yes, like i said i allready was played with Edge settings and no fix.
I'm not using Edge, i use Yandex browser as main browser but it bothers me that it does not work properly and I was thinking about what something else does not work.

Do you use a vpn with openvpn? WIndows 10 changed how dns works so if your vpn company does a dns lock it will make the websites take long to load at times until they update their method.
As it is now windows randomly tries adapters for dns and doesn't specifically go with the vpn adapter dns that is active. If you actually use a vpn i can post the solution.
I'm not using any VPN, my internet goes through a GPON wireless router from the internet provider.
I have no DNS set up on wireless router.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
After installing Creators Update I cannot open Action Center, neither direct left click or right click, open action center works.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
After installing Creators Update I cannot open Action Center, neither direct left click or right click, open action center works.
Yes, you have to right click and select "open" , same for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.