Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
noy
Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all starts slowly responding. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops slowly responding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.It happened first time that hang of system.

Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing?

Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours ,when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all starts slowly hanging. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.Thx.

ah ps
NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors. Please help me.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, first thing I would check is for updated chipset driver for your motherboard, as well as any BIOS/firmware updates. See if any latest BIOS updates address any system issues, otherwise, I would be careful there. Then, any driver updates for your peripherals. Please do not use Device Manager, it doesn't go online for drivers any more after Windows 2004.

If you have the latest or best-working drivers already installed, incl. for your 3090, then I suggest a clean boot.

clean boot

I use this for other issues, like slowed-down system startups following a NVIDIA driver update. It's usually a driver thing, but not always.

Upvote 0

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
happened once

After that incident when i am playing games i am thinking about this and i am a little sad :(
1. Turn off fast start-up if its still on, its just useless and creates all kinds of issues with so many drivers. ( what kind of security software do you use? A lot many has issues with fast start-up)
2. Reinsert your ram sticks
3.If the issue creeps up again, turn xmp off and try.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Wait. I remember. On this day i running Metro Exodus . Then i quit game . After few hours of idling it happens during using Chrome. Maybe something after Metro glitched driver? ( ah Windows was 3 days without reboot when that happens )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all starts slowly responding. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops slowly responding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.It happened first time that hang of system.

Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing?

Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours ,when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all starts slowly hanging. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.Thx.

ah ps
NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors. Please help me.

Probably a window's thing... Some driver that stop responding, if it is something that don't happen to often I will not lose my time.
You can check the energy options and fast startup (if on, turn off),
And don't discard Nvidia drivers, especially with the RTX 3090, the last drivers have lots off issues with the new graphics cards.

Nvidia forum:

Open Issues:

• [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]
  • [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. [3231218]
  • [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]
  • [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]
  • [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566] -> Fixed in the next driver.
  • [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
  • [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
  • Sunset Overdrive may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from the in game settings [2750770] -> Fixed in the next driver.
  • Realtek Displayport-to-HDMI 2.1 protocol converter clock limited to 600MHz pixel clock [3202060] -> Fixed in the next driver.
  • [Vulkan][RTX 30 series] X4: Foundations may randomly crash [200701230]

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Somebody said this to me:"It is most certainly a memory issue of some kind. I would strongly recommend pushing through several runs of Memtest86. The tricky part is determining if it is a faulty DIMM, faulty DIMM slot on the motherboard or the motherboard/memory controller doesn't like the timings/speed. It will require a bit of trial and error using individual sticks and slots."

I am worried that this was related to memory.

Reactions: Nevi
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Somebody said this to me:"It is most certainly a memory issue of some kind. I would strongly recommend pushing through several runs of Memtest86. The tricky part is determining if it is a faulty DIMM, faulty DIMM slot on the motherboard or the motherboard/memory controller doesn't like the timings/speed. It will require a bit of trial and error using individual sticks and slots."

I am worried that this was related to memory.

Yes, and paste the processor to..... it's the solution to all.

One error, it's a RAM problem....

If it was a RAM problem, the error will repeat itself a lot of times.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Last question. I remember that when i make CTRL ALT DELETE ,then black screen apeared with blue circle ( instead of mouse arrow ) and then mouse stops responding and keyboard. Caps Lock stops worked. So Windows 10 get locked. Anyway it doesnt mean hardware issue necesarry?

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Last question. I remember that when i make CTRL ALT DELETE ,then black screen apeared with blue circle ( instead of mouse arrow ) and then mouse stops responding and keyboard. Caps Lock stops worked. So Windows 10 get locked. Anyway it doesnt mean hardware issue necesarry?

If you're experiencing a BSOD after you hit ctrl+alt+delete, its some problem with windows. This command involves an action from the SO, if the action gives you a BSDO is because some service from the SO is corrupt or some program is interfering with the action.

The best way to mislead this problem is to go to safe mode and execute the action to see if it happens in safe mode.

Just beware of the numerous problems that users have is this day's with 3 or more programs in simultaneous to control RGB, with multiple security programs without knowing what they are doing, with security programs that block exe execution.

ctrl+alt+delete, will not give you any hardware problem, this is just a function of the SO like a lot of functions that are executed in the background during the utilization of the SO. This looks more like a conflict with some application or some file corrupted, the best way is to test this in safe mode.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
On this day after few hours of idling i go to pc and i run Chrome. Then browser stops responding. Start button,search button stops responding too. Then i hit CTRL ALT DELETE and then all hangs,mouse,keyboard stops working. Caps lock stops working. I push hard reset. Anyway it was not hardware issue necesarry?

Upvote 0

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
On this day after few hours of idling i go to pc and i run Chrome. Then browser stops responding. Start button,search button stops responding too. Then i hit CTRL ALT DELETE and then all hangs,mouse,keyboard stops working. Caps lock stops working. I push hard reset. Anyway it was not hardware issue necesarry?
Switch off your xmp profile and ..or use the other two slots for ram and check for issues.

Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Hey last question. Somebody said this to me:"check reliability monitor. If software issue it will show what software. If reliability dont show, then is hardware"

So i dont had any entries during that time in reliability. So it was hardware issue like he said or not ?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.