New Update Windows 10 KB5011831 update released with 26 bug fixes, improvements

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Microsoft has released the optional KB5011831 Preview cumulative update for Windows 10 20H2, Windows 10 21H1, and Windows 10 21H2 that fixes 26 bugs.

This update includes many bug fixes, including those for Microsoft OneDrive, Remote Desktop, News and Interest, Azure Active Directory, and delays in booting Windows 10.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Highlights​

• Updates an issue that causes Internet Explorer to stop working when you copy and paste text using an Input Method Editor (IME).
  • Updates an issue that displays a black screen for some users when they sign in or sign out.
  • Updates an issue that might cause a Microsoft OneDrive file to lose focus after you rename it and press the Enter key.
  • Updates an issue that causes the news and interest panel to appear when you haven’t clicked, tapped, or moused over it.
  • Updates an issue that prevents you from changing a password that has expired when you sign in to a Windows device.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, is anyone using a Microsoft app around here? Anyone?

I'm using the Alarms & Clock one (got some curry chicken in the oven) and noticed with this past update or thereabouts, the timer will now show at what time on the clock the timer will go off.

At first it was like: huh. OK, clutter on the timer. Than I kind of saw the usefulness.

alarmtime.PNG

edited to fill in a missing word

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
OK, is anyone using a Microsoft app around here? Anyone?

I'm using the Alarms & Clock one (got some curry chicken in the oven) and noticed with this past update or thereabouts, the timer will now show at what time on the clock the timer will go off.

At first it was like: huh. OK, clutter on the timer. Than I kind of saw the usefulness.

edited to fill in a missing word
The iOS timer does this and I love it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.