Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Other program (Please comment)

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Total voters

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
For maximum features, Outlook 365 is the best for home/business purposes.
  • Office 365 subscription required
  • Subscription offers latest and most secure version, up to 5 devices**
  • Gets the newest "simplified" ribbon UI (looks great!)
  • Read more [What's new in Outlook 2019 for Windows]
For ease of use & simplicity, use Outlook.com (web mail)
  • Use from any modern browser on PC/Mobile
For basic email access, use Mail app.
  • May lack many features and customisation options
If interested, Mailbird offer free and paid plans, see Pricing for comparison.

For mobile;
  • Apple Mail app on iOS
  • Gmail app on Android and iOS
  • Outlook app on Android and iOS

security123

Level 2
Go for Interlink. Similar to Thunderbird, but more reliable and privacy-conscious.
Yeah, sure.
From the strange "Matt A. Tobin" guy from Pale Moon team who is so cool with his "Binary Outcast"
No thanks.

Just take a search at GitHub about him and you will know what i mean.
Also this is a (outdated) Thunderbird fork from one guy. And instead of using up2date Thunderbird engine, he use the outdated Pale Moon source.
Security related such a project is a desaster.

I vote for (original) Thunderbird. Sadly it doesn't exist a AppContainer Store version.

Andy Ful

Level 52
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Most secure email clients (applications installed in the system) for happy clickers are: Outlook, Thunderbird, PostBox, Mail for Windows 10 (Windows app), and Spike.
Anyway, Outlook is a part of MS Office which is the most vulnerable & exploited office suite, so it is probably not advisable for the home users.

The user can run executables directly from Spike, but they are downloaded with MOTW and checked by SmartScreen AppRep. Others do not allow running executables, the files are only downloaded to disk without execution. ThunderBird and PostBox download files with MOTW, so they are checked by SmartScreen AppRep when running from hard disk. Outlook and Mail for Windows 10, block executable attachments, so they cannot be even downloaded to disk.

Other popular email clients like Foxmail, Mailbird, Mailspring, Hiri, allow executing files directly from the application and the file is not checked by SmartScreen.

Last edited:

Tiny

Level 3
Most secure email clients (applications installed in the system) for happy clickers are: Outlook, Thunderbird, PostBox, Mail for Windows 10 (Windows app), and Spike.
Agreed. I've been using Spike of recent, for testing purposes and I have to admit, it does make things a lot easier. Still needs a few things ironed out, but overall an easier mailing experience.