shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I've got two internal drives in two of my laptops and the upgrade completed with no issues, on both of them.
I have OneDrive on my second hard disk. Maybe that's why the update is failing for me? I even tried disconnecting the SATA cable to hide the second hard disk from the updater, but it still failed.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
So where to get the ISO?
You can find it here UUP (Unified Update Platform) Generation Project (v2.4.6) [by @rgadguard & mkuba50]
Choose your language and download createISO or createISOmulti(Includes all editions inc. IoT,LTSC etc...) with all updates integrated and WinSxS backup files removed to make it a 4.65GB ISO encompassing 10-12 editions. So, set the download path or store and run .cmd file on SSD for fast processing otherwise you may need to wait 4-5 hrs if you're accidentally run it on HDD or Data Disk.

Windows Update ate my term paper...
giphy.gif
It screwed my Master's Project just before my final presentation date but I had Macrium reflect and used older backup to save myself from getting 0 marks.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Did complete clean install with usb stick image, everything working as well as before...my 10gt of space just gone somewhere and theres no windows.old since it was completely fresh install :unsure:
I believe with fresh installs MS is automatically putting a certain amount of space on one side (reserved) this I think can be lowered but not totally prevented. But 10 is a lot, has it rolled under the table or under the bed? Just an idea. :) One day I'm going to be to old to go through these bi yearly updates.
Reserved

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have OneDrive on my second hard disk. Maybe that's why the update is failing for me? I even tried disconnecting the SATA cable to hide the second hard disk from the updater, but it still failed.
I have the same kind of setup SSD Windows and HDD Data with one drive (with desktop, pictures and documents) and music and video's.
Upgrade went without any problems, but had the (known) duplicate folders and documents showing in user profile directory issue.
EDIT: according to Ghacks there is an update block in place, so maybe it's better to wait and let MS solve this issue:

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Did complete clean install with usb stick image, everything working as well as before...my 10gt of space just gone somewhere and theres no windows.old since it was completely fresh install :unsure:
When you do a clean install of 1903, 7GB of space is reserved for updates and temporary files.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

Just to follow up if you’re curious. I have a second drive in my tower and my update went well. But I have onedrive disabled since I didn’t use it and the 1809 issues made me cautious.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Anyone experiencing crash of Night Light when exiting out of games that use your gpu? I guess this is part of the "known issues" list. and was already present when I tried 1903 via Insiders, worse even as the NVIDIA driver would flat-out crash. I switch it off and on but it's irritating. Didn't care for f.lux b/c it's a little much.

Also getting a bunch of ESENT 455 errors in Event Viewer/Applications but everything seems to run OK. Noticed sfc /scannow runs a bit faster in 1903 but I'd rather Microsoft focuses on the known issues that should have been resolved before this mass release. Edit: is this update paused again?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.