Windows 10 resource usage.

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
How much RAM does win10 is using on your PC excluding all background processes consider only windows processes?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Windows Clean Install - 1,5 GB RAM and about 122 processes, just the usual Windows stuff. :sneaky:
Windows Crippled - 850MB and 40 processes (out of 3,4GB - 50MB used by apps and 2,5GB by RAMDisk)
Untitled.jpg

Any idea to control it as i have only 4GB RAM.
CleanMem Free/Pro - set the created task to run every 5 mins instead of default 15 mins and definitely disable Superfetch.

How to Disable SuperFetch/SysMain in Windows 10 Version 1809

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
On my PC it is using 1.3 RAM with only windows processes. Any idea to control it as i have only 4GB RAM.
RAM is usually important for example for 3D modelling software, video editing software and similar and games. If you do not do any of those tasks the RAM you have avalaible is enough.

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
RAM is usually important for example for 3D modelling software, video editing software and similar and games. If you do not do any of those tasks the RAM you have avalaible is enough.
I don't have any of above softwares but can you please suggest how to minimize it?

Reactions: Weebarra

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Windows Clean Install - 1,5 GB RAM and about 122 processes, just the usual Windows stuff. :sneaky:
Windows Crippled - 850MB and 40 processes (out of 3,4GB - 50MB used by apps and 2,5GB by RAMDisk)
View attachment 204987

CleanMem Free/Pro - set the created task to run every 5 mins instead of default 15 mins and definitely disable Superfetch.

How to Disable SuperFetch/SysMain in Windows 10 Version 1809
Thanks man. It is an amazing software. But will it effect my "RAM life" or any negative effect on my RAM health?

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.