Not open for further replies.

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Just got it installed on my system. But the Microsoft Store app is broken. No matter what I do with the proposed fixes out there on the internet, it still remains broken.
Same here, not that I use store at all, but I prefer to know, how to fix things. I guess the official release will include some update, which will fix it.

How can I get "Cumulative Update Build 16299.19 (KB4043961)" without being Windows Insider?
No. At least not yet. You have to join WI, Release Preview, restart, install the update and then you can sing out.

UPDATE 10/13: Cumulative Update Build 16299.19 (KB4043961) is currently rolling out to Windows Insiders running Build 16299.15.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
My copy of Windows was upgraded to v1709 (17017.1000) late last night. This is the 'skip ahead' version released to members of the WI program in both the Fast Ring AND to those who opted for the Skip Ahead version.

To me this is the strongest indication yet MS will very soon finalise 16299.15 as the RTM for the Fall '17 Creators Update. I'll be doing a clean install once I get my hands on the official ISO via the MCT.

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If you have issues with store and other store applications just force a reinstall of all to get fixed. Run the command in an admin powershell
Code:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Last edited:

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
If you have issues with store and other store applications just force a reinstall of all to get fixed. Run the command in an admin powershell
Code:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Not, it didn't fix the store error. The Store App only works if you set the location to United States.

AnonMan

Level 2
Verified
Aug 4, 2017
I applied the update through CMD (as admin), but it still shows 16299.15.
Hmm, that's weird as i already install that update and i can tell you that the build is change into build 16299.19.
You can try using the powershell (As Admin) to install this update using this command
Code:
dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"C:\update\cabname.cab"
Note - correct the path to the update to match your file location.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Hmm, that's weird as i already install that update and i can tell you that the build is change into build 16299.19.
You can try using the powershell (As Admin) to install this update using this command
Code:
dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"C:\update\cabname.cab"
Note - correct the path to the update to match your file location.

On first restart, it didn't. On second, it did. Unfortunately, Microsoft Store is still broken for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.