HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Download Windows 10

I want a reformat of my SSD to remove ALL programs and data so that I can get a clean SSD. According to the link above I can use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.

Some questions

1) Does the use of Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant reformat my SSD removing ALL programs and data which is what I want?
2) If use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant do I still need to go through the process of Create Windows 10 installation media?

If it needs to go through step 2) then I just reformat my SSD and wait till the time is up to download the RS3.

Thanks

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi

Download Windows 10

I want a reformat of my SSD to remove ALL programs and data so that I can get a clean SSD. According to the link above I can use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.

Some questions

1) Does the use of Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant reformat my SSD removing ALL programs and data which is what I want?
2) If use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant do I still need to go through the process of Create Windows 10 installation media?

If it needs to go through step 2) then I just reformat my SSD and wait till the time is up to download the RS3.

Thanks
1)No
2)No

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
1)No
2)No
So it doesn't reformat my SSD, I need to reformat to get a clean SSD, and if use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant I do NOT need to go through the process of Create Windows 10 installation media which is what I want

In that case I'll wait for the time to come, reformat my SSD and download a fresh copy of the RS3

Thanks

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
So it doesn't reformat my SSD which is what I want and if use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant I do NOT need to go through the process of Create Windows 10 installation media which is also what I want

In that case I'll wait for the time to come, reformat my SSD and download a fresh copy of the RS3

Thanks
That would be your best bet!!:)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
After upgrading to RS3 some webextensions in FF 57b9 are not showing up on the icon bar

1) uBlock Origin
2) CanvasBlocker
3) Imagus

Anyone has this problem?

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
OK, uninstall and re-install FF 57b9 and now uBlock Origin is back. Just remember that the other 2 do NOT have icon on the icon bar

Thanks

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.