Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
So I tried Driver Store Explorer, which showed me the same drivers as Device Manager, but not the additional drivers listed in Apps, which seem to be subtly different:View attachment 244026View attachment 244027View attachment 244028View attachment 244029
DriverStoreExplorer has an option to delete old drivers. That's what you want. Let DSE figure it all out for you.
And thanks to @Gandalf_The_Grey for reminding us about that great program. I was doing it the hard way.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
After I upgraded to 2004, I discovered that if you try to enable memory integrity, and Windows refuses, there is a clickable text at the bottom of the screen that gives you a list of the problems.
I clicked, and found a bunch of Conexant drivers from a fax modem I am not using anymore. I deleted the drivers (I needed to take ownership of them first) and then I was able to enable memory integrity.
About memory integrity: it uses Hyper-V.
That means it conflicts with VirtualBox and other virtualization programs. After enabling memory integrity, my VMs ran slow as a turtle, or slower.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Should TPM concern me if I'm using a very secure password to encrypt my drives with BitLocker? Am I getting "significantly less" security just becaouse of this?
TPM is more secure because of hardware security instead of software.
It also prevent a attacker from brute forcing your credentials as the keys are secured stored in TPM and can't be brute forced.

TPM is also less hassle then entering your credentials so it's also faster.

So you getting significantly better security with TPM.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.