Windows 10 Taking too much RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
you can keep EAM , but just tweak some of its options for low memory machines.

for example:

1- set File Guard as fast
2- be sure that memory optimization is checked.
3- disable context menu entries

etc..
Thanks for suggestions and i have tried these options not context menu disable but nothing worked and my only option left was to uninstall emsisoft am :( but i can wait till Microsoft releases the patch to fix this issue as i think it not the issue with emsisoft coz it was working fine in window 8.1

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
For every one here , We need to know , Is Win 10 use ram more than 7 & 8 , After stop several function not used ?

Any one agree with me press like .

Reactions: nissimezra

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Is my memory usage too high?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 507

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@VirusAttak I can see yours and it's consuming RAM like crazy because of Chrome. Close it first and then see the difference.

Last edited:

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Mine uses around 29% without Chrome running. I have disabled all the background apps.

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
I've some having tasks, one apache web server running 24*7 as well, So it is normal for me, even after consuming that much ram unlike windows 8 new windows 10 works like charm though I'm missing charm bar. :D

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
I've some having tasks, one apache web server running 24*7 as well, So it is normal for me, even after consuming that much ram unlike windows 8 new windows 10 works like charm though I'm missing charm bar. :D
Yes I am also missing charms bar :( also coz i was very addicted to it now i blindly move my cursor to left side of screen and when charms bar not appears then i suddenly remember that i am using window 10 :D

Reactions: frogboy

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
yes this problem is in windows 10.

kernel uses too much RAM.

mine 400 MB.
i have seen it using 1 GB sometimes.

not all users are affected by this.

Reactions: kiric96

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Can some one give an alternate of Chrome ( I don't like firefox and Opera)

We should conclude that the purpose of multi-processes browser is to equally share the amount of memory consumption.

Why try Microsoft Edge? Or other derivatives of Firefox like Cyberfox which known to build for performance wise.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
My system process is using up 200mb currently. I'm using 3.5gb/8gb of RAM. I have a bunch of tabs in Microsoft edge running, probably around 14 or so. Spotify playing, Skype in background along with defender and Malwarebytes pro on and Sandboxie and shadow defender just sitting there.

I was expecting it to eat more lol.

On Windows 8.1 I had all my RAM used up by Chrome and got a BSOD lol. I was amazed it used that much with only like 3 tabs open.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I can't see how you think ~240mb usage on one process is the reason your 4GB computer is slow. There are dozens of reasons why it could be slow but that's not one of them.

If you want to check for RAM bottlenecks, you look at paging.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
My system also seems to use more ram than Win8 in idle when all user programs are closed. I think it's 300MB more (5GB total) while system proccess (kernel) uses always some hundreds of MB's after some minutes of use.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
System kernel for me hovers between 100-400mb. Last night it was up in the 300s now it's down to 102mb and all I did was out the computer to sleep so nothing new has been closed or opened. As long as it doesn't gobble over 1GB I'm fine with it.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
so can someone tell me about how much memorey windows 10 eats without any other program (include WD)?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@nissimezra : According to my task manager it ranges from 30-40 MB which is very fine and tolerable for the performance, the disk percentage are zero including the CPU usage. Usually third party programs are the culprit to take the disk activity and memory high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.