Guide | How To Windows 10 Tip: Lower the Blue light emitted from your PC with Night Light

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I don't know about that luxometer for ipad pro, but the f.lux Windows app does seem to be pretty similar to Microsoft Night Light. Except that in the beta version of the Windows app, you can do color effects like the luxometer.
Sorry. Can't compare to night light since I only have 1607.

Reactions: shmu26

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
@XhenEd Maybe your eyes are the problem.
I just might have misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were referring to what some "eye-care software" do, that is, you can change the overall color to something else other than orange or red. :)

I don't know the technicalities of colors, but of course, I know that some colors are combinations of different colors. So, if I understand you right, you meant that different mixing of "strengths" of red, blue, and green produce the intensity of the light emitted. :)

Reactions: frogboy and shmu26

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Night light is not working on my PC. I have an Intel 630.
Night Light was added in the Creators Update, please can you check the following of your PC; Version and OS build?
  • Windows Key + R > Type "winver" without quotes > OK
  • Check Version XXXX (OS build XXXXX.XXX)
OR
  • Windows Settings > System > About
  • Check Version and OS build numbers
For reference, see chart - Find Windows 10 Build Number via No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options - Windows 10 Forums

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Night Light was added in the Creators Update, please can you check the following of your PC; Version and OS build?
  • Windows Key + R > Type "winver" without quotes > OK
  • Check Version XXXX (OS build XXXXX.XXX)
OR
  • Windows Settings > System > About
  • Check Version and OS build numbers
For reference, see chart - Find Windows 10 Build Number via No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options - Windows 10 Forums

I am running Windows 10 1803 and I was able to fix the issue by reinstalling the graphics driver. Thank you

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.