Windows 10 to Automatically Remove Updates That Cause Problems

Azure

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Windows 10 will automatically uninstall Windows updates that cause startup failures due to incompatibility or issues in new software according to a support document published by Microsoft today.

Windows updates will be automatically removed when Windows detects that it has recovered from a startup failure after all other "automatic recovery attempts have been unsuccessful."

In addition, as a countermeasure for future issues caused by the uninstalled updates, Windows will also blacklist them from installing during the next 30 days.

Source: Windows 10 to Automatically Remove Updates That Cause Problems

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
I was gonna say exactly this word to word.
Disclaimer: I don't endorse Windows or M$, I actually moved 70% of my work to linux, and boy is my life easier and prettier. Still a noob for advanced linux-fu, though. I speak purely from experience as I use both on a regular basis.

I don't know about you guys and what you do with your machines... But I've had more sh.. stuff happening on win7 than on 10. If I have to do a reinstall of a system with win7, I get a headache in advance... I waited around year and a half to move to 10, but when I did - the setup, the drivers, connectivity, device compatibility - everything worked like a charm. I do hate their new style and forcing this new appearance on everything, but I can't really say I've had THAT much major, work-stopping bugs... Yeah, I'm fed-up with telemetry and monopoly and all that as much as the next guy, but I speak this purely from ease-of-use standpoint - setup, install, optionally block what you need, work. I can't escape the feeling that my w10 setup is faster and snappier than my old w7 setup on the same machine. I do use my company's Enterprise LTSC (or old LTSB before) version though, so that may be the reason...

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Open-source not-for-profit Linux distros can manage daily and even instant updates for security issues yet a company worth so many billions can't get an update right once a month. Not using code from 1995 might help with that.

Reactions: Vasudev and show-Zi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.