Windows 10 Users Considering Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft for Poor System Performance

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
The Windows 10 experience has so far been very mixed for those who installed Microsoft’s new operating system, and while some claim this is the best OS version so far, others can’t even get the Start menu working after upgrading from Windows 7 and 8.1.

It’s no secret that there are a ton of problems in Windows 10, at least on some PCs, so some of those whose computers got upgraded to this OS version, either manually or automatically by Microsoft, are now considering the possibility of starting a class action lawsuit against the company.

This idea was first posted on Microsoft’s Community forums on August 14, 2015, and since then the thread has received nearly 200 answers, most of which criticize the company for the performance of Windows 10

Full article. Windows 10 Users Considering Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft for Poor System Performance

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I believe the same should happen against the outrageous privacy policy in Windows 10 (the notorious "data mining", which can be fully disabled only in Windows 10 Enterprise, 32-bit or 64-bit, but not in other Windows 10 versions - at least as of the date this message was posted).

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
The Windows 10 experience has so far been very mixed for those who installed Microsoft’s new operating system, and while some claim this is the best OS version so far, others can’t even get the Start menu working after upgrading from Windows 7 and 8.1.

It’s no secret that there are a ton of problems in Windows 10, at least on some PCs, so some of those whose computers got upgraded to this OS version, either manually or automatically by Microsoft, are now considering the possibility of starting a class action lawsuit against the company.

This idea was first posted on Microsoft’s Community forums on August 14, 2015, and since then the thread has received nearly 200 answers, most of which criticize the company for the performance of Windows 10

Full article. Windows 10 Users Considering Class Action Lawsuit Against Microsoft for Poor System Performance
MS can defend against lawsuit for Poor system performance because they stated that Win 10 is being continuously upgraded to include stability & performance fixes.

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
MS can defend against lawsuit for Poor system performance because they stated that Win 10 is being continuously upgraded to include stability & performance fixes.
So very true, they got all bases covered. :p

D

Deleted member 178

Then their topnotch lawyers and IT pros will say :

"come on, you didn't install Windows 10 properly , your hardware is too old and your partitions are a mess" :p

Reactions: frogboy and Enju

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014

"come on, you didn't install Windows 10 properly , your hardware is too old and your partitions are a mess" :p
And I bet in 99% of cases this is the reason why the update failed on their computers. A lot of users think they are pros when they "clean" their registry or even worse "optimize" it.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think they might have a better chance of wining if they add Microsoft Customer Support to the lawsuit.It is almost non existent and if they weren't such a monopoly they would probably be broke.
It has to be the biggest farce in the history of mankind.I guess if your a company and can get away with that you know you can do whatever you want an still make billions.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014

Actually we can defend using the above point(hopefully!!). MS insisted that win7 which is 5 y.o and win8.1 maybe 3-4 y.o are eligible for upgrade and also said upgrade process is painless and users can use PC w/o much downtime. I have to clarify whether boot performance improvements was w.r.t SSD or HDD because my sis's lappie has very slow boot but one point to note is that app performance as soon i booted to desktop and launched an app, for example: Steam it launches instantly(Steam is not allowed at startup) and memory consumption is fairly low compared to 10.0.240. I cleared all old prefetch files and that seems to do the trick for a while and again after 2-3 reboots the issue pops up. I did an upgrade install from 8.1 Pro to 10.1 Pro. All partitions are aligned properly.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In the mere fact, yes Windows 10 embraces some issues especially in privacy matters since its not practical for anyone and one of the reason why so many business firms prefer Windows 7 due to the environment cases.

However you cannot resist that the issue occur are purely isolated that its up to the user problem to verify if its compatible or not.

Overall, the lawsuit may suitable for privacy but performance is likely a long journey to justify it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.