Windows 10's June 'Patch Tuesday' updates rolling out now (1803,1809, 1903, 1909 and 2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
It's once again "Patch Tuesday" for Windows 10 users, which means it's time for another round of monthly cumulative updates. The updates are rolling out via Windows Update now, bringing with them several security updates. As is the case with all cumulative updates, there are no new features to check out here.

Windows 10 2004 users will see KB4557957 with the following highlights:
  • Updates an issue that prevents you from using some voice commands in Windows Mixed Reality when the default Windows language is Canadian or Australian English.
  • Improves the reliability of the keywords used for voice assistants, including Cortana.
  • Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
  • Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
  • Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
  • Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus). Improves security in Microsoft Xbox and the Microsoft Store.
  • Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
  • Updates for storing and managing files.
For Windows 10 versions 1909 and 1903, you'll see update KB4560960. Here's a look at the highlights:
  • Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus).
  • Improves security in Microsoft Xbox and the Microsoft Store.
The update for Windows 10 version 1809 focus on the same security fixes. Here are the highlights:
  • Updates to improve security when using input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus).
  • Improves security in Microsoft Xbox and the Microsoft Store.
  • Updates for storing and managing files.
The update for Windows 10 version 1803 contains the same list of fixes as version 1809. So far, Microsoft hasn't posted notes for any releases earlier than version 1809. However, it's likely they'll see updates as well.

Source

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft June 2020 Patch Tuesday: largest ever with 129 fixes:
Today is Microsoft's June 2020 Patch Tuesday, and as many Windows administrators will be routinely screaming at computers, please be nice to them!

With the release of the June 2020 Patch Tuesday security updates, Microsoft has released one advisory for an Adobe Flash Player update and fixes for 129 vulnerabilities in Microsoft products.

Of these vulnerabilities, 11 are classified as Critical, 109 as Important, 7 as Moderate, and 2 as Low.

This is the largest Patch Tuesday update ever released by Microsoft, with the second-largest being 115 fixes in March 2020, and the third-largest with 113 fixes in April 2020.

This month there are no zero-day or known unpatched vulnerabilities.

Users should install these security updates as soon as possible to protect Windows from known security risks.

For information about the non-security Windows updates, you can read about today's Windows 10 KB4557957 & KB4560960 cumulative updates.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
It's a joke. Don't go deleting things in the Windows folder if you don't know what it is. Just use the Disk Cleanup mechanism after updating.
I wouldn't clean Windows Updates with Disk Cleanup immediately after updating. These files are kept for a reason; in case something happens, that you can easily go back to the previous version. Once you clean that, you may not be able to get back and will have to deal with the issue.

Use update for a while (like few days) and if you don't notice any issues, then clean Windows Update. I, personally, never clean WU with Disk Cleanup and never had any issues. I have plenty of space on C: and D:, so I really don't have a reason to clean it. But I did notice that Windows Update gets cleaned while updating to the new version of Windows (feature update).

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I wouldn't clean Windows Updates with Disk Cleanup immediately after updating. These files are kept for a reason; in case something happens, that you can easily go back to the previous version. Once you clean that, you may not be able to get back and will have to deal with the issue.

Use update for a while (like few days) and if you don't notice any issues, then clean Windows Update. I, personally, never clean WU with Disk Cleanup and never had any issues. I have plenty of space on C: and D:, so I really don't have a reason to clean it. But I did notice that Windows Update gets cleaned while updating to the new version of Windows (feature update).
That's what my system image is for. I don't trust Windows to roll something back without making a mess.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
This update was like childbirth, excruciatingly slow and buggy, but finished without apparent issues. This was probably the worst update I've ever experienced. I rarely criticize M$ but the bloat just continues on and on, and on ...

@Marko :) The one really nice feature is the the cloud reset. It will make life easier for many users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.