Serious Discussion Everything about Windows 12 - Release date and Rumors

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
obeying the requirements of w11 imposed by microsoft
You are a very decent human being and I mean that fully but microsoft really doesn't mind if you slip around their prerequisites, you can follow their instructions here if you wish to install Win11 on the up and up (y)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
You are a very decent human being and I mean that fully but microsoft really doesn't mind if you slip around their prerequisites, you can follow their instructions here if you wish to install Win11 on the up and up (y)
Microsoft gave up ... a while ago there were rumors on news sites on the web, who installed the windows 11 on computers without meeting the necessary requirements, would not receive updates. Of course, this may have been a scare tactic forcing users to buy a new computer. So I relaxed and let it go for a while.:LOL:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Of course, this may have been a scare tactic forcing users to buy a new computer
Yes, exactly and I would add that they mean well, not only do you have a new computer, fresh and lively but you support the economy with your purchase so it isn't a black and white issue always, it's good for business all around. I ran an older computer with the work arounds that didn't meet the Win 11 requirements for several months with no issues at all, it updated as usual and I noticed no negative impact of any kind but you follow your gut, it will "most of the time" serve you well.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Yes, exactly and I would add that they mean well, not only do you have a new computer, fresh and lively but you support the economy with your purchase so it isn't a black and white issue always, it's good for business all around. I ran an older computer with the work arounds that didn't meet the Win 11 requirements for several months with no issues at all, it updated as usual and I noticed no negative impact of any kind but you follow your gut, it will "most of the time" serve you well.
So I have to test it one day, suddenly W11 might even be better than W10. Whenever Microsoft released a new window, I was eager to test it, it was like that since WinXP. Sometimes I installed it on physical machines and sometimes on virtual machines. But due to TPM and the new requirements, W11 was the only window I did not use. The others I tested and used all from W1.0 to W10 for some window servers. ;)

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I do not mind MS account, Edge, onedrive or whatever, but I would like to see an usable Windows. It has only gotten worse since Windows 8. 😒

Attachments

• capture_12162022_170937.jpg
    capture_12162022_170937.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 163

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
my laptop is from 2020 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz I'm pretty sure it will run windows 12 when it comes out. Although i may upgrade to the new processor.

Reactions: Moonhorse

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I'm curious about why you'd like to know about a launch date for W12. Are you like me and not totally convinced that W11 is what you want to use and holding back to see if you can jump straight from W10 to W12? Are you asking out of curiosity because you've seen the rumours, or something else. I hope that isn't being too intrusive! I'm interested in opening up a discussion on the topic, with you and the wider MT community.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I'm curious about why you'd like to know about a launch date for W12. Are you like me and not totally convinced that W11 is what you want to use and holding back to see if you can jump straight from W10 to W12? Are you asking out of curiosity because you've seen the rumours, or something else. I hope that isn't being too intrusive! I'm interested in opening up a discussion on the topic, with you and the wider MT community.
I passed on Win11 for it did not bring anything new on the table. Tbh, my laptop does not meet the “requirements” for win11 and Win10 is working flawlessly here, so why bother to upgrade?

MS should focus on finishing what they started and I would happily pay a susbcription instead of purchasing upgrades to half-baked windows versions.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I passed on Win11 for it did not bring anything new on the table. Tbh, my laptop does not meet the “requirements” for win11 and Win10 is working flawlessly here, so why bother to upgrade?

MS should focus on finishing what they started and I would happily pay a susbcription instead of purchasing upgrades to half-baked windows versions.
I'm of a similar persuasion. I've run W11 in VMs, which is not the same as using it as a fully installed version, but it gives an idea of the capabilities and I've used it on devices that are not my personal ones. Some people really like it, we're all different and we all have a wide variety of experiences, uses and reasons to base those views on. W10 was going to be a constantly evolving OS, I thought, then we got W11, which seemed like it was going to be the same. Now a mirage of W12 seemingly lurks over the horizon. I agree on what you say about 'finishing what they started' - MS can't seem to settle on a solid foundation to build that evolving OS on for the long term IMO.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

But its not really " half-baked" . There has to be billions of different computer configurations if you take into account different hardware and software variations , and Windows works well on most of them. I find that pretty amazing.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
But its not really " half-baked" . There has to be billions of different computer configurations if you take into account different hardware and software variations , and Windows works well on most of them. I find that pretty amazing.
True, considering the range of permutations of hardware that Windows runs on, it is quite a feat. But it could be so much better, surely. Or is this another one of those quandaries, as in the everlasting light-bulb(OS) is always a few steps away, because there is only a finite profit in that business course?

I get that what seemed like a great move 5 years ago may not seem so today, so developers change tack, as MS have done, but the overall path might have been plotted better from the outset. There are other considerations to make in relation to how the world is evolving. One being that not all of the worlds population can afford to buy new all of the time, or even constantly update their devices, as a whole unit, or part by part. If more outdated devices are out there then the risk of malware etc spreading is increased obviously. Overall expectations mean that more and more of us can access things digitally; at what cost to individuals, or the planet collectively? Security considerations push distributors into insisting on improved system requirements, how do you afford that if you earn a few dollars a day? This cycle can then lead to more pirated software and OSs, with more vulnerabilities and the poor never managing to keep up. Is there a solution?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
There is a guy on YT that showed that there is still code from W98 present in W11. He also shed some light on the inconsistencies in design in Windows. Many things look out of place. What about the old Explorer? Windows update issues?

One more thing, has MS ever started one thing and finished it? Remember the Legacy Edge?

Microsoft needs to focus on one thing and that should be making Windows better.

overdivine

Level 2
Verified
Aug 21, 2013
This is progress. Small (or big) steps forward, sometimes backwards.
Even only the explorer tabs are worth for me the install. And a little better built in security.
The name could have been Windows 10.1 or windows 12 pre alpha, but who care about names.
It gives me better productivity and better security, and i am nor really losing anything.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
There is a guy on YT that showed that there is still code from W98 present in W11. He also shed some light on the inconsistencies in design in Windows. Many things look out of place. What about the old Explorer? Windows update issues?
Maybe, but why should I care if there is code from W98, all I care is that it works, I hardly ever use Explorer and rarely have update issues on my 12 year old desktop., which for now works perfectly and boots in under 30 seconds.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.